REXE Plus - Wx folder config in EFB

Hi Urs,

I've upgraded my REX2 to REXE+OD and after trying to configure the EFB REX data folder I get "The given folder D:\[...]\Real Environment Extreme 2.0\MetarXML does not contain a REX Essential Weather file... The folder contains a metar_report.xml file that is up-to-date.

Please advise - thanks!

Florin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Edward,

the screenshots you provided in your post are showing two different things. The first screenshot shows a runway assignment problem at KORD. Please read the operations manual, section 2, page 3 for further instruction on how to solve this.

The second screenshots indicates that you have not yet selected the right folder which contains the REX 2.0 weather files. I'm not 100% sure but I think it's a folder named "MetarXML" which usually can be found in the installation path (e.g. D:\Program Files (x86)\Real Environment Xtreme Essential\MetarXML).

That REX message pops up right on EFB start up, even before I loaded any routes or airports. I cannot even change screens withing EFB. I will check on REX folder assignments.

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's a folder named "MetarXML" which usually can be found in the installation path (e.g. D:\Program Files (x86)\Real Environment Xtreme Essential\MetarXML).

Is it something I need to do withing EFB or REX? REX itself works fine, now issues at all. Any other FSX software don't indicate any REX relative issues as well.

Thank you for help.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same massage in Version 1.3.6 The MetarXML does not contain a REX Essential Weather file...

In setting of Display Unit by REX data folder I choose the NetarXML folder.

What is wrong?

With best regards

Matthias

Oh sorry - change in modules/meta the weather provider - that it!