Not updating after new Scenery

Hello everyone, :D

My issue, please forgive me if it has already been answered, concerns EFB and updating after adding a new scenery. I manually installed an updated scenery/AFCAD for UAAA, link provided below. I added the update to FSX and checked that it had taken. It did, the scenery and updated runways are all there. Next I started the Data Provider, selected Data, than FSX Scenery Data Update and ran it. When all was completed I opened the Display Unit and checked UAAA there. The display unit was still showing all the old information from the default UAAA scenery. I started FSX and while connected to the Data Provider taxied around the airport including up and down the runways. In FSX everything was fine; however, the Data Provider showed me as taxing all around the area.

My questions are:

1. What is going on that EFB did not update?

2. Is it possible to fix?

3. How can I fix it? Please bear in mind that I have never altered or worked on an AFCAD before.

Thank you,

Ed

UAAA file I used to update: http://www.avsimrus.com/files.phtml?act ... d&id=31049

Ed,

Most often when the DataProvider cannot read the AFCAD file it is due to the fact that the AFCAD file is not an FSX file instead of an FS9 file. In such a situation it must be recompiled as a real FSX file. Only then it can be read by the DataProvider.

Are there other users of this file around which have it already compiled?

Wow, what a crazy last few days with the wife and kids all pulling dad in one direction or another. It's nice to be needed but I want some time to make my flights you know? :lol:

I really should start learning how to work with AFCAD's. Andy, that fixed the problem. Urs, Andy, thank you both for the help. Now I'm off to make my flight and earn my VA's ribbon for the Olympics. I will also be hunting for information on AFCAD's and maybe even how to create scenery while I'm at it.