Ground chart not accurate

Hi,

I’m looking for some help with the Ground charts and some incorrect interpretation of gates etc being shown.I have already read the forum posts for EHAM and LSZH that describe similar issues but in this case they do not really apply to my situation. Can you help? There are several issues I see: Is there any way to fix these?

I’m running a non-commercial scenery add-on for Frankfurt which has only one .BGL file and an associated _CVX.BGL exclude file in the Add-on scenery folder. This is the only active Frankfurt scenery in the FSX library. There are no sub folders or option folders for the scenery like others have reported. Having performed the Data Provider Data/FSX Scenery update function I still see the following problems:-

Capture2.jpg

1. The location of the Tower is not in the correct position on the Ground chart for some reason. See circled area in red at the top of the screenshot. When checking in ADE there are no objects found at the location depicted by “TWR” on the EFB Ground chart. How is this detected in EFB and how can this be resolved?

2. Some gate symbols are missing the dark blue border where gates are located. This seems to be haphazard as others do show e.g. C11 gate is fine but C13, C14, C15 etc at Terminal 2 do not. I have checked ADE and the list of gates with jetways are listed as “1” in the Jetway column within ADE.

3. Some Cargo spots are not showing as cargo spots (they remain as std parking gates in blue) even though they are coded as “RAMP_CARGO. In a small experiment, leaving the parking type unchanged as “RAMP CARGO”, I changed the name of an erroneous spot with a NAME set originally to “Gate_F 219” to “Parking 219”. As depicted in the screenshot, this changed the color from blue to yellow. I suspect EFB is not looking at the parking type and instead somehow interpreting the name of the spot instead. Is this correct or how is this working? How is EFB detecting the type of parking spot between airliner traffic and cargo flights?

I’m happy to do some t/shooting to help improve the layout of the ground chart. Since I am the developer of the add-on scenery I have the flexibility on making changes to the scenery if needed. Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Mark,

since you are the developer of this scenery, would you mind to send me the required files for further investigation? You may send it to support@aivlasoft.com. Thanks.

I suspect EFB is not looking at the parking type and instead somehow interpreting the name of the spot instead. Is this correct or how is this working?

I must have a look into the source code files. It's quite a long time ago when I wrote this code, but I'm sure that I do not interpret the name somehow.

Hi Mark,

thanks for the bgl files and many thanks to the link to this great scenery.

After some investigation I could find the issues in EFB (cargo places, jetways and tower position). I sent you a email concerning the technical items yesterday.

I will fix it asap, but it takes a little time since there is another item which I would like to integrate in the next upgrade 1.3.3.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Urs,

Thx for the great support here! I installed the v1.3.3 update yesterday and I'm glad to report that all the issues on the ground chart mentioned are all resolved! Great job. :D

Best regards

Mark