Vista & XP network connection issue.

Hello Urs,

Have a slight problem connecting on the network.

Installed EFB Data Provider onto Vista64 unit where FSX is located.

TCP Port 51747 (default)

Server Mode: Any

Shared: Users\Robert\AppData\Local\AivlaSoft\EFB\AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider with .EFB files ranging from a to k.

Installed EFB Display Unit onto separate WinXP unit.

TCP Port 51747 (default)

Server Mode: Remote

Server Name: FSX2009 (hostname found)

Have browsed to data provider file which shows as \\Fsx2009\AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider and I get an error explaining that I have to read the installation section of the manual after pressing ok.

I checked the logfile and found this message:

ERROR AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit [(null)] - Could not find a computer which is named '\\FSX2009'. Please make sure that THIS computer AND '\\FSX2009' are connected to the local network and the network is running.

I run another network application (ActiveSky) without a problem. I read the manual several times and have not found a solution.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Best regards,

Robert Halmich

BC, Canada

Robert,

Does it happen when you press on the OK-button on the settings dialog, or already just after selecting the shared folder?

Could you please send me all the logfiles to support@aivlasoft.com?

Thanks.

Hi Urs,

After looking into matters a little further I have discovered there is an issue with my network connection as I am using Vista and XP. Once I resolve the issue I will repost.

Thanks.

Hi Urs,

Well, still no luck. I could not view the Display Unit computer which runs WinXP (FSX2007) on my Vista computer (FSX2009) which houses the DataProvider on the Vista Network and Sharing Center Map.

I found info on how to add "Link Layer Topology Discovery" tool (KB922120) which was provided by MS but never installed properly. In this instance the XP computer is mapped on the Vista computer now. If anyone would like the instructions please let me know.

When starting the Display Unit I provide the info and navigate back to C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\AivlaSoft\EFB\AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider on the FSX2009 computer when I press OK the line beside "Provider Data Folder" reads "\\Fsx2009\AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider" and I still receive the error saying that I need to read the operations manual again carefully.

Both computers firewalls are configured but I still cannot access the Vista folders through the network from the XP computer saying that I do not have permission, access is denied. I am heading over to my computer store to have a chat with them regarding the issue.

I checked the logfile and found that it no longer contains this message:

ERROR AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit [(null)] - Could not find a computer which is named '\\FSX2009'. Please make sure that THIS computer AND '\\FSX2009' are connected to the local network and the network is running.

So it looks like the computers are communicating. I have forwarded the logfile to you.

Thanks.

**Update** 2010/03/16 15:13 UTC

I copied the DataProvider to the Vista "Public" folder and EFB Data and Display are connected, looks like a great product, looking forward to reading the manual.

Issue resolved

Thanks,