MSFS crashes when loading a saved flight where EFB was active when saving

Hi,

I am looking for a solution to the following problem:

I usually fly PMDG's 737-800 for MSFS2020. I also use EFB V2. All programs and add-ons that I use are of the latest version.

I often save a situation to continue the flight at another time or to redo a certain part of the flight. Unfortunately, reloading the saved situation usually leads to a CTD from MSFS (FlightSimulator.exe). After selecting the desired situation and clicking Open, nothing appears to happen for 7 seconds until the CTD occurs. The Exception code is then always 0xc0000005 and the Fault offset, with the current version of MSFS (1.36.2.0), is also always the same (0x0000000001b878da).

To try to find the cause, I restored MSFS to the so-called vanilla state removing all add-ons, except of course PMDG 737-800 and Navigraph for the necessary Airac data. The problem then does not occur. Also after re-installing FSUIPC7, I can save situations, load them again and continue the flight without any problem.

However, if I also use EFB and save various situations during a flight while EFB is loaded, this usually (but not always) results in a CTD of MSFS when loading these situations, even if EFB is not loaded at that time. For example: loading situations A, C, D and F always lead to a CTD, while situations B and E can be loaded and executed without any problem. Whether the plane is in the air or not appears to make no difference when saving.

As far as I have tested, the problem only occurs when using the PMDG 737-800 and not when using MSFS aircraft.

Regards,

JaapV

On 3/30/2024 at 7:19 PM, JaapV said:

However, if I also use EFB and save various situations during a flight while EFB is loaded, this usually (but not always) results in a CTD of MSFS when loading these situations

I have no idea why MSFS is crashing when you save a situation in MSFS. Did you uncheck the option to automatically forward the EFB flight plan to MSFS in the aircraft profile for the PMDG 737?

Hi Urs,

On 4/3/2024 at 4:29 PM, aivlasoft said:

I have no idea why MSFS is crashing when you save a situation in MSFS. Did you uncheck the option to automatically forward the EFB flight plan to MSFS in the aircraft profile for the PMDG 737?

You say you have no idea, but the suggestion you make turns out to be the right one. I had not disabled this option.

After unchecking the box, I ran a few tests and no more problems occurred.

I also hadn't thought about EFB as a possible cause of the crashes at all, so I kept looking for other possible causes.

I'm very happy that the problem has finally been resolved.

Many thanks.

Regards,

JaapV