SimpleCam for MSFS it is necessary like air!

An excellent and very useful program in every sense, it is so missing in the new version of the simulator.
Your program has no competitors at the moment; there is no paid or free utility for editing cameras in real time.
I appeal to you, make a version for MSFS, don’t waste time!
Thank you for your attention!

Thank you very much for your kind words, but MSFS has it already built-in. It just requires some configuration work.

Here are some screenshots of the keyboard settings for the Cockpit Camera on my sim computer. There are 3 different areas to address:

1) moving/positioning the camera

2) saving the camera position

3) loading/activating the saved position

1) Moving/positioning the cockpit camera left, right, forward, backward is done with the translate commands. The German name 'Nach-Rechts' means the arrow key to the right, then following below, arrow key to the left, up, and down.

image.png

Then use Page-Up and Page-Down to move the camera up and down:

image.png

Combining the arrow keys with the CTRL key (in German STRG) allows you to rotate the camera:

image.png

With the 10 assignments above, the cockpit camera can be moved at any place in the cockpit.

2) Saving the position of the cockpit camera. On my system the following key combinations have been assigned (STRG means CTRL, ZEHNERTASTATUR means the numeric keypad on the right of your keyboard).

image.png

3) Finally, loading a preset camera is done by pressing the keys on the numeric keypad as follows:

image.png

IMPORTANT:

Whenever you assign a key to a certain function, make sure this key is not yet assigned to any other function because this would lead to unforeseeable troubles. I remember when I have started to assign 'my' keys, there were a lot of preconfigured keys already which I first had to unassign.

Hope this helps.

Good day!
Doesn't remember MSFS normally, it's MS)). After setting up and saving using CTRL+ALT+1 and then accessing the recording through ALT+1, the camera is not restored as configured: the position is restored with errors, that is, with different coordinates, and all this happens during the current session.
I get out of the situation in the following way: I manually edit cameras.cfg for each plane I fly on, the parameters have to be selected blindly, and every time after changes in the file you need to restart the sim to achieve the desired result. Masochism of course, but nothing can be done, but it’s reliable!

I didn’t pay attention before (fsx-p3d), but here in MSFS, while editing the camera file for myself, for the first time I discovered two settings for two different zooms from the cockpit: one for the inside of the cockpit, and the second is a view of the outside world from the cabin, that is, you can zoom in on the outside world without changing the cabin panorama, an interesting feature!

This is an example setup for pmdg dc-6:

InitialXyz= -0.485000, 0.063000, 5.315000    // -0.532851(left-right), 0.059993(up-down), 5.500673(forward-backward)
InitialPbh= -13.75000, 0.000000, 0.000000    // -14.592761, 0.093938, -0.789932

My resolution: 5120x2160