Cruise Altitude (route Setup)

Only me again :oops:

Still on EHAM>RCTP (75mins left). WHen I imported the FSX route into EFB I set the cruise alt to FL380. During the flight I went to FL390, I changed the Cruise Altitude on the Route setup page and then activated route again.

But, the 'route tools' box, not sure of the correct name :oops: states that CRZ: FL380 +1420ft :shock: Should it now be FL390 :?:

Sorry to be a pain, but this has been a long flight :lol:

Clive

Hi Marc

Just noticed it 'Adjust CRZ Alt' next to it there is a 'toggle button' from Mtrs to feet. So all that does is adjust as it says. Is this the same one that your're on about :?:

Also just noticed that if you load a flt plan and activate it then change the cruise Alt then the toolbox CRZ alt changes, which you would expect it to.

Where I was coming from is that once you have started the flight(in the air) then go to the route setup screen to change the cruise altitude, then the 'tool box CRZ Alt' is not updated, it just states as per my previous post. Orginal set cruise alt+new alt in feet

(FL320 +1142ft)

Hope that's more clear :)

clive

Ok,

Just started another flight (two in a day :shock: ). EHAM>GCRR.

Imported FP set cruise altitude to FL280.

Started flight got to cruise altitude then I changed cruise to FL290 on route setup page and pressed active

then in 'toolbox' pressed he 'adjust CRZ alt' button. It presses but CRZ still states FL280.

I'm sure its operator error on my part :oops: and, I know it will be in the manual :P

But why when I press the button in the tool box does nothing change.

regards

Clive

Imported FP set cruise altitude to FL280.

Started flight got to cruise altitude then I changed cruise to FL290 on route setup page and pressed active

then in 'toolbox' pressed he 'adjust CRZ alt' button. It presses but CRZ still states FL280.

I'm sure its operator error on my part :oops: and, I know it will be in the manual :P

But why when I press the button in the tool box does nothing change.

regards

Clive

Hello Clive,

Just a question before I begin my flight.

What's the real cruise alt of your a/c when you change the CRZ Alt from FL280 to FL290 in your Display Unit ?

Marc

Hi Clive,

So short flight today.

That's the procedure I've followed :

- FL190 choosen as first CRZ Alt (both in the a/c and Flight plan AivlaSoft)

- Stable at FL190 deciding to change the CRZ Alt from FL190 to FL210 (check if you see in your Display unit of AivlaSoft the information "top of descent")

- Changing the CRZ Alt in my 737-700WL and reaching this new CRZ Alt

- Stable at FL210 I see of course the indication FL190+2000ft (written in blue)

- Going then in my route setup, changing the Cruise altitude to 21000 ft then Activate

- Coming back in the windows with the tools box and pressing the button Adjust CRZ Alt and the indications in blue dissapear and the new CRZ FL210 is now visible.

Hope you'll unsterdand my explanations.

Enjoy your flight

Regards

Marc