Why is the EFB server is changing the aircraft profile

PierreFSX

Hi when I fly the PMDG 737-800, I notice in the log file that the server is defaulting to the 737-600 profile, why is that. From the log file it seems to find the right profile and then it goes back to the 600 one. What can I do to prevent this? I do have a 737-800 profile defined in the client. See attach log.

Thanks

serverLogfile.txt serverSettings.txt globalSettings.txt

According to the log file the name of the AIR-file (which in fact points to the aircraft.cfg) changes several times but I cannot see why.

It 's always the same sequence, the first read seems to be OK, it returns the full path to the aircraft.cfg which can be utilized and then, some minutes later, the AIR-file name changes again, but then only a relative path is provided which cannot be utilized, hence the aircraft.cfg cannot be read. Whenever this happens, the Server is trying to get the information about the model from FSUIPC internal variables which obviously are not properly set.

I have no idea what is causing this re-reading and/or changing of the AIR-file name and I also have no idea about FSUIPC internals. 

The first thing that should be found out is the reason for the changing AIR-file name. Are you running any other MSFS add-ons which might be the cause for that? Can you try running MSFS with EFB only?

Thank you for the responds. The plane I am using is the PMDG 737-800 so I need to load this add-ons. I did a test with MSFS and PMDG 737-800 with EFB only and I realized that the Liveries that I am using is in a different folder in the community folder then the PMDG 737-800. What I mean is that when you installed PMDG planes this create a folder called pmdg-aircraft-738 and if you use only the liveries that comes with the package they are also installed in that folder. But if you install a none PMDG livery such as one from Flightsim.to, even if you use the livery installer that come with the PMDG ops center, they are put in a different folder called pmdg-aircraft-738-liveries. 

Would this explain the EFB confusion? 

Also do I still need FSUIPC to run the EFB on a remote PC?

Pierre

I don't think that the liveries are the cause for the issue, because a livery is 'just graphics', not logic. But to be on the secure side you can try whether the issue also happens when another aircraft (other than the PMDG 738) is in use.

Are you running other popular add-ons while EFB is running? e.g. LittleNavMap, SimStarter, any AI-Traffic generating tool, etc.

FSUIPC is used for the connection between EFB Server and MSFS. The connection between EFB Server and its Clients does not require FSUIPC.

It looks like MSFS provides different aircraft codes for different liveries. I haven't seen that before.

From the first logfile I see that the following codes are provided:

• b738
  • b736

If you don't use the profiles for the 737-600 and -700, I suggest that you remove these two profiles and then add the aforementioned codes to the profile for the 737-800. This way the profile for the 737-800 will be selected in either way.