Inbound course different in EFB and NGX FMC

Like the subject says, I've noticed on several (most) flights that the inbound course for ILS approaches is different by one or a couple of degrees looking in EFB and the PMDG NGX FMC and I can't see why this is since they both use the same Navigraph AIRAC data - wouldn't that be a garantee they should be the same? And how do I know which one of them are the correct one? Until now I've been using the course in the FMC which has been working fine so far but it's a bit confusing with different values.

Richard,

EFB uses FSX's data for Aerodrome charts and approach charts, as opposed to various aircraft's use of AIRAC data. - This means that what EFB displays is FSX's actual situation, e.g. the scenery and magnetic variation in FSX will likely be out-of-date for many aerodromes and the EFB approach charts will reflect the actual frequencies and courses. Also if an airport has an added ILS which your scenery doesn't include, then this ILS will not show in EFB.

Overall if you want to fly the runway's actual course as it is in FSX then fly what EFB lists, rather than what the AIRAC gives, as this is what the situation is at the RW aerodrome, which often won't be correct for your FSX scenery.

Thanks,

Jack