Metar Reports

Hi All

I'm using FSrealWX for weather injection into FSX. Tghe metar that this is report that is injected into FSX is:

ESSA 071150Z 30004KT CAVOK M05/M07 Q0997 R01L/11//62 R01R/11//65 R08/11//60 NOSIG

The date is 07/01/12 1150Z

When I look at the metar in EFB(weather provider=FSX) the metar code is totally different and the date is 12/12/11 0514Z :?

Metar in EFB:

ESSA 120514Z 30004G09KT 290V310 30006G11KT 30006G11KT 33028KT

There is lots more upper wind data which I assume its gettting from FsRealWX as I'm asking for upper wind data also.

There is also diffrences in metars when using REX and 'open clouds' weather programs

please advise

thanks

clive

Travis,

I've tried them all, just to see which one gives the 'best' correct and up to date weather.

Since my first post, what I have found is that if you 'clear ' the weather then 'inject' the new weather it is right, date wise.

FSrealwx, is the only one I have found that does this :o, so far.

I have tried also the 'real weather' from FSX weather option, but that give 'historic' weather also.

that's my testing so far.

How do you get NOAA weather into FSX?

I'll keep digging and let you know what I find

Thanks

Clive

Clive,

EFB only gets the latest METAR from NOAA (or REX, or AS or FSX)... it doesn't put any weather into FSX.

For your simming purposes, FSX weather is always "the latest and most accurate" but if you are using a 3rd party weather application (well... if you're using REX or AS) you are limited in the range by which they have injected weather into FSX.