RVSM rules

One thing I always find hard is when doing a flight that crosses different RSVM areas where you normally can rely on the NEODD-SWEVEN rule but you then enter an area like in France or Italy where they instead apply a northbound-southbound rule and to know what exact waypoint along your course is the one you should adjust your FL at.

Usually there is an "entrance" waypoint just by the airspace border along the airway but since you don't always (or very seldom actually) can see on the name of a waypoint which country it belongs to it's hard to know. Would have been great if you somehow could get this info for your waypoint what country every waypoint belongs to. That would have made all this so much easier!

Is there any way I could be helped by EFB to find out this info? Now for instance I'm flying from ESSA-GCRR and the route looks like this...

DKR N872 ELPAX Z703 KESUR UZ703 CIV UN872 MEDIL UQ237 LMG UN10 SAU UN857 TERTO

...but the only way I found so far to know where exactly to adjust my FL is to keep an eye on myself using Servinfo where I can see the country borders and then when entering France airspace for instance according to the Servinfo map I look in my FMC (or using EFB) what waypoint is next and use that one and re-file my flightplan but there must be an easier way to do this and where you can also plan for this in advance.

Thanks in advance for any tips if this is possible to find out using EFB or any other way for that matter that would make life easier in this regard.

Richard,

please have a look at the following chart, which shows the part of your route where you are crossing the border to France.[attachment=0]crossing_france_border.jpg[/attachment]

- Borders are always depicted in green color.

- Then you might have seen the different airport identifiers on each side of the border

- MEDIL is the waypoint ... e voilà nous sommes en France ;-)

Thanks, looking at the chart the way you describe is of course one way to do it. Another way and a thought I was playing with is how neat it would be if there was a country column in the flight log where you could see to what country each waypoint in the list belongs.

I realize that is a problem :D

Well...will fly the return leg back to ESSA tomorrow and will then use the technique you tought me activating the route and then check it on the chart before the actual flight to see at what waypoint I need to adjust my FL.