Problems with multiple monitors.

colinm

I saw someone having this issue in 2019. My left Monitor window (2 Secondary Monitor) is where I have Aivlasoft , weather etc, on the right Monitor window (1 - Primary Monitor) I have my full screen flight simulator. (x-plane 12). I am using Windows 11. Things started to go awry after I installed a new Primary monitor.

I opened Aivlasoft. When I clicked on Flight Plan it was not visible. It was actually on my Primary monitor right off the far right of the screen. I had to right click on flight plan window in the task bar and click move. I used the left cursor to get it back on the secondary monitor.

Later I had to use the Direct To...  the same thing happened except when I right click on Direct To in the task bar I didn't get a move prompt. I had to close Direct To in the task bar to continue using Aivlasoft EFB

Is there a way to get this screen back? I tried all the Microsoft recommended ways of getting screens back that have gone off the screen to no avail with Direct To...  but it did work for Flight Plan window.

Microsoft says this happens when a change is made to multiple monitors where the extend the screens was turned off or Primary and Secondary windows are switched. So to recap, the problem with the Direct To windows is there is no MOVE prompt when right clicking in the task bar.

Thanks.

When EFB Client is being closed, all the form states will be saved in the file 'clientSettings.txt' which is located in 'C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\Settings' (default installation). Upon next opening of each of these forms, the previous states (location and size) will be re-applied. Because the monitor setting has changed, the saved states, mainly the locations, will no longer match the new monitor positions. Therefore I suggest to edit the above mentioned file.

1. Close EFB Client if running
  2. Open it with a text editor (notepad.exe or similar), scroll down to the section '[FormStates]' and remove all the lines of this section
  3. Save the file
  4. Start EFB Client

Every Client form will now be opened at the default location 0/0 which is the top left corner of the main monitor. Now you can move it to the new position and then close each of these forms. Finally close the Client to make sure the new positions of all the forms will be saved.

Hope this helps.