Rebuild Database

Bob_Z

22 minutes ago, Bob_Z said:

Every time I start the server, it says the configuration file has changed and ask if I want to rebuild the database.  This happens no mattter if I have added new scenery or anything else.  Is this correct?

No, this is not correct. I assume you're talking of P3D or similar? obviously something is rewriting your configuration file, as EFB checks the hash code of this file when starting up. This may depend on the way your installation is comfigured. You do not - by chance - have anything running on any kind of cache?

41 minutes ago, Bob_Z said:

It is P3sd v5.  Only thing I can find about a cache is emptying the scenery cache on exit.  Is that the problem?

No, I was more referring to caches like OneDrive, DropBox or similar. Nevertheless I must admit that I have no idea as to what extent emptying the scenery cache can have an influence on the scenery.cfg file. Maybe you coud try once without emptying the scenery cache?

34 minutes ago, Bob_Z said:

I will try that withP3d.  Don't use OneDrive.  I do use DropBox, but not sure about a cache there.

Well, DropBox is also cached on your computer. That's why we do not recommend using external storage of any kind. OTOH if you know for sure that you haven't added any scenery, simply answer the question about rebuilding the database with NO. No harm is done that way.