X-Plane 11.50R3

Faisal Niazi

Hi All,

Hope you and your loved ones are staying safe...

So I decided to purchase X-plane, and am trying to use EFB V2 with it on VATSIM... I have some questions:

1.  What are the blue aircraft traffic that seem to be infront of the actual aircraft traffic... They all seem to start with the prefix "ACXX" ...

2.  EFB does not always seem to sync up with the movement of the aircraft on the ground...

I am coming from P3D, which runs on EFB with Zero problems...

Am I missing something?

Faisal

Hi Faisal,

Blue traffic is 'live' where red traffic is a 'snapshot'. Details about traffic can easily be read in the manuals. Your second question is difficult to answer because 'not always seem' is a very vague formulation ;-).  Does it happen regularly or randomly from time to time. How long is it not syncing up. Does it recover after n seconds. Are there any errors or warnings in the Client or Server logfile. How many 'add-ons' are running simultaneously? 

• 4 months later...

I just came across this topic that seems to have been unresolved. I see the same thing posted by OP. It only affects aircraft that are close and EFB starts to show the live aircraft. However, rather than replace the red icon, it adds a blue and the red and blue aircraft icons are both shown with the red icon trailing the blue. It looks like two separate aircraft and is pretty distracting. Is there any way to merge the two?

image.png.1ff3de3b305a567f751d3a685bdc0fbd.png

Regards,

Nate (aka N8)

Hello ??? (according to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks)

This cannot be solved as long as X-Plane does not properly provide the callsign of an aircraft (in this case the blue ones). On your screenshot you will see that the 'callsign' of the blue A/C icon on the left side is 'AC03' which unfortunately does not match the callsign 'UAL494' of the red A/C. Without matching callsigns EFB cannot eliminate the duplicates.

Please also see here: https://www.aivlasoft.com/x-plane-limitations.html

I can live with that. Like OP, I've been on P3D for years and used the EFB all that time. I've recently started using X-Plane. In some ways, it works better in X-Plane (better taxiway labels). This issue is relatively minor. Thanks for your reply.

Nate