EFB 2.1.119 Server connection problem

Did a fresh install of the EFB Server & CLient on my Desktop PC (Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 & Prepar3D V5) yesterday. Works perfect.

Then I installed the Client on my Laptop (also Windows 10 Pro version 20H2), and had it point to the Desktop PC IP address 192.168.0.xxx. Both are on the same wireless network.

However the Laptop Client cannot see the the Server (started on the Dsktop PC).

It has been working, but that was prior to the Windows 2004 update earlier this year - don't know if that could be the reason. What am I missing in the setup?

rgds

Søren

Hi Sören,

Difficult to say. I have all my computers updated to 20H2 and operate a variety of (local) network connections without any problems. One question however remains: did you istall all mentioned components with the same, freshly downloaded installers for both Server and Client? Did you completely uninstall all previous components before re-installing?

My first guess would be in such a case that the TcpPort Number is not equal in all installations. In todays installers the TcpPortNumber 57892 is used, which we changed some time ago.

If you are familiar with text file editing you might check this in all your setting files.

Server Settings:  "C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\Settings\serverSetting.txt"

Client Settings: "C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\Settings\clientSettings.txt"

Within the respective setting files look for the section [Network] and within that  section for the line "TcpPortNumber = XXXXX". All these Port Numbers must be equal in all setting files.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...

1 - Search for firewall (magnifier in the task bar)
2 - Select Firewall & Network Protection in the results list - this will open Windows Security settings
3 - Select Advanced settings - bottom right pane - and Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced settings opens up
4 - In the left pane highlight Inbound Rules and in the right pane click New Rule
5 - In the pop-up New Inbound Rule Wizard select Port and click Next
6 - Leave TCP and Specific local ports selected and enter the actual port number in the field to the right
7 - Leave Allow the connection selected and click next
8 - Select the appropriate connection type for which this rule will apply, if you're not certain leave all selected and click next
9 - Enter a name for the connection and click Finish.

That should be it - hope it works for you. The description is based on Windows 10 Pro 64Bit version 20H2.

Rgds
Søren