Port 13 access and the demo mode

Smokeywood

Greetings,

I downloaded the demo try before you buy package on advice of a very good friend.

When I installed the server and tried to access I got the "port 13" error warning so

I proceeded to create rules in my windows 10 defender firewall and still had no success.

My internet provider is Hughesnet Satellite Gen 5 with built in router.  They insist that

port 13 is open but when I do all the external checks it is not and they tell there is no way

to port forward.

So I am stuck.

It seems that the problem is I do not have a static IP address therefore I cannot configure

the router to port forward port 13.

I have 2 questions.

1.  Is there any way possible to access the demo without this port 13 problem

I am guessing that the answer to that is "no"

2.  If I purchase the License does that require access to port 13 to activate and

continue to run the program.

If the answer to 2 is no port 13 access is necessary I am inclined to follow the advice

of my friend that has used your program for some time now and go ahead and purchase.

I await you answer and thank you for the help.

Gene

Hi Gene,

port 13 is used for a real-world time check with an official time-server to make sure the 30-days trial period will not be bypassed by changing the date on the local computer. This is only for security considerations while the trial period is active, or better said, while the trial-license-certificate is installed. As soon as you install the purchased license certificate, port 13 is no longer used. In short, question 1 is NO, question 2 is also NO.

If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to write to support@aivlasoft.com.