Controlling the PMDG JS41

Hi,

Firstly can I say what a fantastic program this is. I only really looked at EFB after reading the recent article in Avsim and the chance to try it for 30 days. As in a post a bit further down I didn't need 30 days to realise this is a must have utility.

Anyway to my question - I normally use FSBuild to create my flight plans and save them in both FSX and PMDG format, so I am able to load the plans into my PMDG JS41 FMC and EFB. Now when an aircraft uses the FSX GPS and I press 'Activate' within EFB this is loaded into the aircrafts GPS and I can update the GPS using EFB i.e. Direct To etc. I assume as the PMDG JS41 doesn't use a GPS this is not possible to control the flight within EFB, and I must use the JS41 FMC - is this correct.

Glen

Hi Glen,

Thanks for your kind words about EFB.

I will defer to those who have much more time than I do with the JS4100, but I believe that you are mostly correct. While the PMDG panels do include the default GPS (Window 00), the FMC wants to be the controller of the aircraft.

That said, if you like playing with "undocumented PMDG features" you can check out this Avsim forum thread -- http://forums1.avsim.net/topic/266653-flight-plans/

Regards,