New System (Server Side) Build - Client not Connecting

bhorv67

Hi, I've been having trouble free experience for a long time. Just did a complete system rebuild of the PC running p3d and EFB server. New install of windows and hardware. 

Both the client and server are v 2.1 b119. Currently I have the server firewall turned off, client still not able to connect. 

I can ping the server IP from the client command prompt, yet client doesn't connect. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks 

Issue solved - I had to create a log output from the client to see the port. This detail should be available in the main gui. Would save time troubleshooting network issues.

As a side note, I've never changed the port on either the client or server. So in a later release of the server, the default port from the installation must have been changed. My client had been installed some time ago and had the default port set at that time. 

Hi Brian,

Just to round up your post:

- the TCP Port numbers in use are indeed displayed in both the Server's and the Client's Settings under the System tab (see Manuals)

- there is no need to create your own output log as EFB2 creates a complete set of logs

- to give us  a good overview when setting up a complaint, it is always a good idea to provide a set of Support Files (see FAQ's)

Within these Support Files it would have been a matter of seconds to find the issue about different TCP Port numbers...😀

Thanks anyway for reporting successful solving of the issue