LTFM Istanbul not showing in EFB?

1 hour ago, laurielourensz said:

LTFM is not showing in EFT, using P3Dv4 and showing in the sim.  The airport has been open since October 2018.  It shows up in Simbrief in order to create a flight plan.

Thanks

Laurie Lourensz

Hi Laurie,

The new LTFM Istanbul Airport is neither part of P3dV4 nor P3DV5 default scenery. If it shows up in your simulator, you must have some freeware installed. If you installed the freeware correctly, it will also show in EFB2. I'm sorry that I can't be more specific as I don't know your install.

Thank you for your reply, I have no third party software for the airport however it does show in my FMC, all runways and stars do show which is why I am confused.  When you get onto the ILS although you cannot put on the LOC or Appr button it does take you down a flight path but to nothing.

1 hour ago, laurielourensz said:

Thank you for your reply, I have no third party software for the airport however it does show in my FMC, all runways and stars do show which is why I am confused.  When you get onto the ILS although you cannot put on the LOC or Appr button it does take you down a flight path but to nothing.

Hi Laurie,

Your FMC (talking of PMDG I guess) does of course show all airports if you regularly update your database. But still in the SIMULATOR there is no data for LTFM and therefore also no ILS or any navdata related to LTFM that you can tune. That's how MS-based simulators work. As long as you dont have an AFCAD File of any kind registered for your SIMULATOR, you cannot tune any navaid and there is no airport showing in the SIMULATOR. The aircraft database is completely separated from the SIMULATOR. EFB2 can of course also not draw any ground layout if there is no AFCAD bgl.