EFB 2.1 - Airac 2006 - SBSV and SBFZ problems

klabu

Hello,

I posted this in the Navigraph forum, but Ian couldn't help me and asked me to ask AivlaSoft

I flew from SBSV to SBFZ. Here I had following problems:

Airport SBSV:
In the AivlaSoft Client the SID TIRK1A is missing.

Airport SBFZ:
Runway 13 is missing. This is shown as runway 12. 
The approach procedures for runway 13 are also missing.

I am using X-Plane 11.41 and the latest Navigraph Airac 2006.
EFB 2.1 #118

Since I use Xplane, should all the necessary data be in the Airac or not? I still have a bit of understanding problems. Maybe someone can help me.

Thanks 
Klaus

Hi Klaus,

as for SBSV I cannot confirm the missing SID TIRK1A. Scrolling down shows the missing SID:

SBSV_SID.png.3dce7c5898d9e60b24d108e16982d83e.png

Things are a bit different for SBFZ. The reason why there are no procedures shown is of course due to the wrong RWY alignment 12-30 iso 13-31. I see the very same in my install, however for the moment I have no explanation why this wrong RWY is shown, as according to the apt.dat in Global Airports the RWY is clearly defined as 13-31. Something I have never seen before. We need to investigate on that.

Hello Oscar,

oh no no no .... I would like to crawl into a mouse hole .... Yes SBSV is correct. I did not see the scroll bar because I interpreted the free space under KIBA1A as "missing data" .... So stupid...sorry

03-06-_2020_20-02-25.jpg.e1c8218db3fa8ca5544aec8f94d587d1.jpg

Greetings 

Klaus

Hi Klaus

Now for the problem with SBFZ Fortaleza. The reason for this misbehaviour lies in a somewhat "unusual" handling of RWY assignments by the Brazilian Authorities. It would be going too far into details if I would start explaining the algorithms EFB is using to properly identify (and possibly replace) RWY identifiers. Anyway in this specific case it was a "virtual" RWY 12/30 that was used for one specific RNAV/RNP apporach to the displaced THR of RWY13. As said before, this is a very unusual way to handle approaches but unfortunately sometimes used especially by our colleagues on the southern hemispere.

We have a feature available in the DbBuilder, called "Enhance Runways". With this feature you can oversteer EFB2's algorithms for RWY assignments. I will explain in the following two screenshots, how to handle this. It is also described in the Manual "4 Database", chapter "2.5 Enhance/Update Runways".

First start the DbBuilder

1) select the tab "Enhance/Update Runways"

2) selecte respective simulator

3) open the selection window for the airport selection

4) Enter the ICAO Code

5) Confirm with "OK"

EHR_01.png.814204412dd657423545109d309a5b52.png

Then proceed as follows:

1) Click on the required airport (here already a second airport SBPA with the same problem is already entered)

2) Click on the first RWY

3) in the entry field below labelled "ARINC Rwy" enter the required RWY ID "13", do the same with the second RWY and enter the ID "31"

4) Close the operation by pressing "OK"

EHR_02.png.ab163e8a03c6cc97cd26a8e802a1a8d7.pngwill see the following

After having completed you may do the same for SBPA which is also affected by the same issue for RWY 11/29.To complete the operation run the "Update Simulator" for X-Plane and you're done. You will have now access to all procedures for the RWYs in use.