FAOR Displaying Only Default Airport

simmerluke

Hi all

I am having a little problem with EFBv2/P3Dv4 recognising the NMG FAOR airport. I have run a scenery update (which shows the NMG scenery location processed correctly part way down the list) and yet if I click on the airport information tab I can only see file information for what I assume is the default airport at ...\scenery\0605\scenery\APX55410.bgl (#60) Base, and that's the airport shown in the EFB map.

The scenery is all installed correctly in-sim and appears as the NMG airport I am expecting to see as best I can tell.

By way of comparison I also have NMG FACT and other add-on airports, for which airport information is shown correctly in both their default and add-on locations. No issues with any of these at all.

Is there any way to show FAOR correctly?

Thanks

1 hour ago, luke0101 said:

Hi all

I am having a little problem with EFBv2/P3Dv4 recognising the NMG FAOR airport. I have run a scenery update (which shows the NMG scenery location processed correctly part way down the list) and yet if I click on the airport information tab I can only see file information for what I assume is the default airport at ...\scenery\0605\scenery\APX55410.bgl (#60) Base, and that's the airport shown in the EFB map.

The scenery is all installed correctly in-sim and appears as the NMG airport I am expecting to see as best I can tell.

By way of comparison I also have NMG FACT and other add-on airports, for which airport information is shown correctly in both their default and add-on locations. No issues with any of these at all.

Is there any way to show FAOR correctly?

Thanks

Yes, there is always a way to correctly show an installed airport😀 That's what EFB2 is here for. But it needs to know where FAOR is installed. The file you mentioned is indeed the default location for FAOR. Did you run a DbUpdate after the scenery update? What is the exact location of the scenery?

Please provide a set of Support Files.

Edit: I have just installed FAOR and it shows in EFB2 with the Ground Layout of FAOR_ADEP4_NMG.BGL. I must however state that the installer is quite rudimentary. It does not provide an entry in the scenery.cfg. You have to do this manually.

Hi Oskar

Thanks for your reply.

I normally select 'Start Scanning' from the Update Simulator tab in the Database Builder program. This is the process I follow when adding any new scenery and it seems to have always worked with other sceneries.

I am not sure what DbUpdate is, and I wasn't aware that any additional steps were required beyond what I would normally do. Is DbUpdate the Database Builder program that I used above?

It was a while ago that the two South African sceneries were installed, but FACT (which uses a similar installer to FAOR I would think) seems fine. I am familiar with the process of adding a scenery entry manually so if this was needed at the time I'm sure I would have done it. Both sceneries are fine in-sim, so I expect that I did.

I have looked in the ...\NMG\FAOR\scenery folder and can't see a file FAOR_ADEP4_NMG.BGL. I am using v5.0 of this scenery.

Could you please explain again what Support Files you need?

Thanks again

1 hour ago, luke0101 said:

I normally select 'Start Scanning' from the Update Simulator tab in the Database Builder program. This is the process I follow when adding any new scenery and it seems to have always worked with other sceneries.

Well, that's exactly what I was referring to with a DbUpdate -> Database Update. After that process the database is updated according to the newest status on your simulator, scanning for all installed airport sceneries. This takes in account all sceneries in the traditional scenery.cfg as well as all entries in the add-ons.cfg (so-called packages).

The MNG airport in question must be added to the scenery.cfg as the installer does not add it automatically as one would expect of a modern installer.

The installer I just purchased today is named "nmg_faor_v51_p3d4.exe". Installing the scenery with that installer and adding it to the scenery.cfg results in proper display of the airport ground layout as can be seen in the attached screenshot.

FAOR.thumb.png.f02ca23ba9f27e6380ad1de5f2126f53.png

This layout is created by the "FAOR_ADEP4_NMG.bgl" installed in the scenery path of the airport and used by EFB2. I'm sorry if I can't be more specific. This is just a basic install and it requires nothing else than executing the newest installer and adding the installation path to the scenery.cfg.

Thanks again Oskar

I follow everything that you say, and yet my installation of v5.0 of FAOR would not display correctly even after numerous Database Updates. My ground layout looked nothing like yours from your picture.

So I figured that I would try to uninstall and re-install to the latest version v5.1 that you have tried successfully and as if by magic, it worked! Although I have no idea why 5.0 should not work and 5.1 should work, I guess in the end it's all about the final result.

Many thanks for your help and time.

9 hours ago, luke0101 said:

I guess in the end it's all about the final result.

Definitely 😀! Thanks for reporting !

You might have found that even in the newest version 5.1 the ILS Frequency for RWY 21R is outdated. You may use the attached BGL to correct this situation. Just set the original to "OFF" and copy this new one into the scenery path and rebuild the database.

FAOR_ADEP4_NMG.bgl