NATS, PACOTS and weather source switching.

Evros

Hello,

NATS and PACOTS seem to be completely unavailable lately. Also, when switching weather sources between real world and ActiveSky without restarting server afterwards, then METAR and TAF is no longer available.

Kind regards,

Evros

Glad to help out. Hope you can solve this soon.

It's not a big deal, but I think it would be really great if one would be able to pull general WX information from ActiveSky (or other WX engines) and SIGMETs from real world weather at the same time. Providing that time stamps mach.

That is how I discovered the issue with METAR and TAF polling. I used real world for en route (for SIGMETs) and when I got close to descent, I switched to ActiveSky.

I used real world for en route (for SIGMETs) and when I got close to descent, I switched to ActiveSky.

You don't have to switch the weather providers because ActiveSky (latest beta build 7361) supports providing SIGMET data along the route.

37 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

You don't have to switch the weather providers because ActiveSky (latest beta build 7361) supports providing SIGMET data along the route.

I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know. I hope that latest beta actually has proper SIGMET coverage. Before, almost all SIGMETS outside of USA were missing.

Hi David,

for the NAT I could find the new URL, for the PACOTs it seems that the FAA has changed their website which now requires a user (human) interaction before you can download the PACOT data message.

A new update #116 is on final and will be released soon.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the support files. There is no error in these files and I also checked the webpages. You are not doing anything wrong. It's like you already mentioned, NAT works, the link to the PACOTs is still 'missing', and I have no idea what's going on at the Airservices Australia. It seems that their webpage is orphaned.