EFB Server & ActiveSky API

Hello AivlaSoft Team,

I recommend a setting for an ActiveSky-Server IP when running ActiveSky on a dedicated machine outside the machine running the sim.

EFB-Server reports "Calling ActiveSky WebAPI didn't work" in this case.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

Joerg

Hi Joerg,

you can already do this. Just open the Server settings, look for [Network], then 'ActiveSkyIPAddress' and change 'localhost' to the required IP address (e.g. 192.168.45.15). To be honest, I have not yet tested it because AS is always running on the same computer than EFB Server on my test rig.

In any case, if it should not work, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 2:40 PM, aivlasoft said:

Hi Joerg,

you can already do this. Just open the Server settings, look for [Network], then 'ActiveSkyIPAddress' and change 'localhost' to the required IP address (e.g. 192.168.45.15). To be honest, I have not yet tested it because AS is always running on the same computer than EFB Server on my test rig.

In any case, if it should not work, please let me know.

Is anyone able to confirm if this solves the "WebAPI  didnt work" issue? I am getting the same problem with both Active Sky and Flightplan loading with an associated couldnt connect to server message in the server log

7 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Martin,

I did some tests and can confirm that it works to connect to ActiveSky on another computer than EFB Server is running.

Please check the firewall settings and allow to use the ports 19284 and 19285 (default ports).

Thank you for confirming Urs, I have updated firewall to open the ports and amended the server settings. Yes you were correct it was set to 'localhost' and I changed it to the remote client ip address and all is now working as it should with no WebAPI errors. Thanks again.

• 6 months later...

Hi Jarred,

the IP address for the ActiveSky WebAPI is saved in the EFB Server settings file. If you have a default installation then the path to the file is as follows:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\Settings\serverSettings.txt

In this file search for the [Network] group, then 'ActiveSkyIPAddress'. Default is 'localhost', you may enter any valid IP address in the format 'nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn'.

Hope this helps.