Flightplan conversion EFB to xPlane-11

tom1953

Hello,

As a user of xPlane and EFBV2, I'm interested in the conversion from EFB flightplan, inclusive waypoints, to the xPlane *.fms format.

If you would be so kind to send me the algorithm for this conversion I'll try to create a UI for it.

Best regards

Tom Herps from the Netherlands

52 minutes ago, tom1953 said:

Hello,

As a user of xPlane and EFBV2, I'm interested in the conversion from EFB flightplan, inclusive waypoints, to the xPlane *.fms format.

If you would be so kind to send me the algorithm for this conversion I'll try to create a UI for it.

Best regards

Tom Herps from the Netherlands

Hi Tom,

Actually you don't need to convert the flightplan into X-Plane format, as this is done automatically as default function. Whenever you have entered a flight plan in EFB, it will be available as "EFB_current_gps.fms" in the "\X-Plane 11\Output\FMS plans" directory. You can then load this flightplan into any default GNS/GPS of X-Plane. Unfortunately there is no dataref available to do this automatically, as we do on FS-based simulators.

The specs for the X-Plane fms-flightplan ar to be found here. https://developer.x-plane.com/article/flightplan-files-v11-fms-file-format/ Just be aware that due to those specs the same AIRAC Cycle needs to be used on EFB and X-Plane.