Problem with my Flight Plans in FSINN when using EFB

Is anyone else having this problem?

Scenerio.......

I am using FSX/FSINN and planning a flight from GCLA-LXGB

I set up the flight plan in FSINN to show 'KORAL UG5 SONSO UN871 OSDAM UB28 BARPA'

So far so good....

I start EFB and load a FP from FSX which also shows 'KORAL UG5 SONSO UN871 OSDAM UB28 BARPA' . Great!

However, as soon as I select a SID in EFB, in this case a KORA2U it automatically changes my FP in FSINN and shows...

' [ALT] ARACO TFN LARYS LZR KORAL SONSO ESS NIRAL OSDAM ROMSO TNG BARPA'.

In otherwords it expands the SID, deletes the airways, and adds all the route intersections.

Is there a way I can stop EFB from changing my original flight plan in FSINN? It makes the flight plan look very unprofessional.

The same happens when I add a STAR

I expect there is a simple answer which I have overlooked.

Thanks

Don

Hi Don,

I don't know the internals of FSInn so I can only talk about EFB.

Whenever you activate or change a route in EFB the following items will happen:

a) IF on the DataProvider's side the option "Create FSX flight plans" is activated, a flight plan will be written into the folder: "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files". The filename is as follows (e.g. a flight plan from Zurich to Geneva): "EFB Zurich (LSZH) to Geneva (LSGG).pln". It always has a prefix of "EFB".

B)IF on the DisplayUnit's side the option "Create Garmin GPS flight plans" is activated, an additionally flight plan will be written into the same folder but its unique name is as follows: "EFB_current_garmin.pln". This is the flight plan that is loaded into FSX. At the moment of its loading into FSX it is visible in the Garmin GPS system.

As I already mentioned I don't know much about the behavior of FSInn but I guess that it observes the FSX flight plan folder for any changes. As soon as it detects a change it loads the latest flight plan? I'm not sure whether it happens this way, it's only a guess ...

Hope this helps to find a solution.

Hello Urs,

Thanks for your pointers.

I can overcome the problem if I uncheck 'Create Garmin GPS flight plans' in the Display Unit /Settings/Miscellaneous.

You are right, when EFB changes the FSX flight plan, FSInn mirrors the change.

Okay, with the option 'unchecked' no changes are made to the FSInn flight plan.

If you are using the Garmin GPS with the option 'checked' then any change you enter in your flight plan, you must remember to reload the original flight plan in FSInn otherwise it will show ALL waypoints as 'DCT' removing any airway idents.

I often wondered, when on VATSIM as a controller, why some of the flight plans included all the intersection waypoints. They could be using EFB and are not aware of the stealth changes. It is possible the same could be happening when using Squawk Box.

Hope this make sense!

Regards

Don

Hi Don,

thanks for your information. It's a sad story that neither the developers of FSInn nor the developers of SquawkBox are maintaining their software. An option that would stop this automatic reflection of all changes would make sense.

I think there's a misunderstanding of the tools.

FSInn/SB are for online flying and thereby handles your 'real world' reporting to ATC's. EFB is your FMC, which handles your flight, block to block, in details.

You can easilly use EFB for the reporting though. On the Route setup page use the ATS routing area. if your flight plan insludes SID's and STAR's check 'Include procedures' and click Copy. Now paste your flight plan into FSInn.

br,

Leif