The Data Provider can't load SIDS/STARS for KTPA.

I downloaded V1.3.0 of the EFB and love it. I'm very impressed with the way you are developing this product. Now that it supports VATSIM I'm sure many others will become fans.

I fly mostly out of Tampa, and through no fault of mine, the magnetic pole moved Eastward and the FAA without consulting me or informing FSX, changed the numbering on the KTPA runways.

I downloaded AIRAC cycle 1103 from NAVIGRAPH for the AivlaSoft EFB and for my PMDG aircraft. I also upgraded to FlyTampa - Tampa REBOOT. They all reflect the new numbering system.

FSX defiantly defends the old runway numbers. How do I get FSX to accept the new numbering system?

Thanks for your help.

William

William,

This sounds familiar to me because I just cleared an issue with KTPA this week. I'm assuming you have the January 2011 update to KTPA, but just so I'm clear, what version of FlyTampa's KTPA do you have?

I bought the Tampa Rebooted edition late last year and found that because Navigraph had jumped the gun on the runway number changes a week or so early, I had to enter these lines into my runways.txt file (located in the Users\[username]\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData folder):

• KTPA 36L 01L
    KTPA 36R 01R
    KTPA 09 10
    KTPA 18L 19L
    KTPA 18R 19R
    KTPA 27 28

Then earlier this week... following news of the FlyTampa Midway update... I noticed FlyTampa had a 2.1 update of KTPA. I installed that and saw that due to the new runway renumbering system my EFB couldn't find the STARs from the 1103 Navigraph dataset. (As expected, actually.) I removed the lines above from my runways.txt, refreshed my EFB DisplayUnit, and now have all procedures.

So if you're using Tampa Rebooted 2.0, take the numbers above and put them in your runways.txt file. If you're using KTPA 2.1 then check to see if those numbers are in your runways.txt file - and if so - remove them.

Keep us posted....

Regards,