Microsoft .Net Error Message

Hello

First of all - EFB is a great product and I love it! However, I do receive some Error Messages and based on the logs I assume, that EFB may be the problem:

Error Message:

Unbehandelte Ausnahme in der Anwendung. Klicken Sie auf "Weiter" um den Fehler zu ignorieren.......

Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0xC000014B

Details:

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen

anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC000014B): Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0xC000014B

bei System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)

bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveDispatch(SignalProcDelegate pfcnSignal)

bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveMessage()

bei at.a(Message& A_0)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Some furhter information: I use FSX on Windows 7 (Ultimate) and EBS is running on 2 PCs.

Any idea?

Thanks and best regards

Mischa

Mischa,

I hope you don't mind that I shortened your post. I removed the list of all loaded assemblies because this list is set by default. Whenever an error message occures, the same list will be appended.

To the problem itself:

- Can you describe the situation when it happens?

- Did you hit a shortcut when it happend?

- How often does it happen?

- Does it happen regularly?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Urs

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply!

Normally at the end of a flight (normally during taxi to the gate). I do not remember, that I pushed any shortcuts. However, it happens every second flight (Destination LSZH). Looks like it happen during frame intesive situation (has never happened during the flight) and often, if I switch between Cockpit views.

Cheers

Mischa

Mischa,

I'm afraid that what I write here is not very helpful. The error you reported is raised by the simconnect-object and the information which is given by this error is not documented. I tried to find some information by a Google search but I was not succesful. So I can only guess what's the problem on your computer.

- as you described, it can occur while the system is 'under pressure', please try to reduce the Display-Settings in FSX to 'Low'

- maybe try to lock the frames to 25 per second (this is still enough to get the a fluent view)

some further questions:

- are you running FSX in FullScreen-Mode or windowed?

- do you have many other add-ons running on the FSX computer? (which add-ons)

- did you install the FSDreamteam or FreeZ scenery of LSZH?

- have you a lot of USB hardware connected to the FSX computer?

Hi Urs

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have add on's installed like LSZH from FSdreamteam, FS Global 2010. FSX is running in Window Mode as I fly normaly with two open windows on two screens.

Furthermore, Mouse and Joystick (G940) are connected via USB. FSX Settings are based on the the following recommendations: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=30796 - and I get the following frame rate with this settings:

1 Window (FullScreen) between 30 & 60

2 Windows between 18 (LSZH) and 40 after take off on FL100

As I mentioned, the problem occurs only at the end of a flight and as long as I do not click on the error message, I'm able to taxi to the gate. I will furhter try to collect details, but I assume that you do not longer investigate into this (ist ja ein suchen der Stecknadel im Heuhaufen)...

I wish you a happy new year. Will come back to you as soon as I have bether evidence.

Mischa