Dme arc

AlfredoDiaz

1 hour ago, AlfredoDiaz said:

Hi, excuse my english.

Could be possible that EFB2 depicts the dme arcs like EFB1 does? The EFB1 it's great to follow the arc with HDG, but in EFB2 I could not find this "heading tooltips" (if they exists...)
TIA

Hi Alfredo,

There are two possibilities for DME-ARCs:

1. If they are included in a procedure, tuey will be displayed properly

2. If you wish to insert any disance circle around a andom waypoint or navaid, just rightclick the desired WYP/NAV and select "Create Distance Circle" from the dropdown menu. A window will then pop up where you can enter the distance and - if needed, a radial. You don't need to confirm anything, just close the window if you're done.

1. If they are included in a procedure, tuey will be displayed properly

I don't understand

In the attached picture I am doing the XONDA1F departure, you can see the dme arc but no the "heading tooltips", independent of the zoom level. The EFB1 breaks the dme arc in "steps" showing a radial and heading for each one...I do not have any picture but sure you know what I am talking about.

xond1f.jpg

2 hours ago, AlfredoDiaz said:

I don't understand

In the attached picture I am doing the XONDA1F departure, you can see the dme arc but no the "heading tooltips", independent of the zoom level. The EFB1 breaks the dme arc in "steps" showing a radial and heading for each one...I do not have any picture but sure you know what I am talking about.

Hi Alfredo,

Yes, I understand what you mean, but this is not the way a DME ARC is defined and used. EFB v1 just didn't use the proper method yet for drawing AF and RF legs. If you fly a DME ARC manually the Standard Procedure to fly would be the so-called spider-web method. You turn to 90° of the RMI bearing and follow it in 10° steps. You might google "DME ARC Spider Web" to find relevant tips. It's a standard IFR procedure.