Organized Track Error

c141fe

Updated EFB2 to Navigraph cycle 1808/R1, ran AivlaSoft EFB2 DbBuilder to create new database file, selected it and opened AivlaSoft EFB2 Server.  The server log shows:

2018-07-19 09:31:31.892   Debug   : Database selected = P3Dv4.NG-1808/R1
2018-07-19 09:31:56.325   Debug   : Organized tracks disabled because AIRAC cycle is outdated

The Client shows that tracks are unavailable for the same reason

dbBuilderLogfile.txt

Additional troubleshooting,

1. I deleted all files in the "...Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder" folder and the "...Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\AIRAC\Navigraph FMS Data" folder
  2. Ran Navigraph FMS Data Manager to reinstall cycle 1808 files to EFB2
  3. Ran AivlaSoft EFB2 DbBuilder to create new database file, selected it and opened AivlaSoft EFB2 Server
  4. Same problem exist

fyi - Current nats.html file covers a period of JUL 19/0100Z TO JUL 19/1900Z which is valid fof NG 1808

Client_201807191138.txt.zip

Server_201807191138.txt.zip

Hi David,

thank you for the detailed description and the data files. Much appreciated.

First of all: I strongly suggest to NOT MANUALLY DELETE FILES within the data structure of the Server. If you would like to delete a certain database, please use the "Delete" button from the Database-Builder. This will remove the required data files and will also update any references.

I suggest to do the following now:

1. Verify whether the Navigraph 1808 cycle is installed in the folder: "..\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\AIRAC\Navigraph FMS Data". Therein 4 files must be available (not more and not less). The files are: 
    - airways.bin
    - cycleInfo.txt
    - navaids.bin
    - procedures.bin
  2. Double-click the file "cycleInfo.txt" and verify whether it is cycle 1808
  3. Start Database-Builder, select the first tab "Create / Select EFB Database"
  4. Select the database and press "Delete". This will remove the files and update the references.  If you should have more than one database, please delete them all
  5. After deleting the last database, the Database-Builder will automatically open the dialog to create a new database. Verify that on step 2 "Select navdata provider" the cycle information shows "Cycle 1808", before you press "Finish".
  6. Press "Finish" and create the database.
  7. After the database has been created successfully, select the database and press "Select".
  8. Start the EFB Server and have a  look at the logfile monitor whether the message "Organized tracks disabled because AIRAC cycle is outdated" still is listed.

Hope this helps.

BTW, in the log files I can see that the ActiveSky data file could not be found. From the settings file I see that you are using a so called "UNC-path" which starts with a double back slash and then the name of the computer. Please verify that this path is correct. Maybe you also should try with a local path.

Urs

going through the steps

1. 1808 is in the folder and I have one additonal file in the folder - "cycle_info.txt". Moved it to desktop before proceeding.
  2. "cycleInfo.txt" contains "Cycle = 1808  Revision = 1" plus some statistics
  3. Did it
  4. Did it
  5. the info in the Cycle information block is "Cycle 1808 Rev 1, valid from 2018-07-19 to 2018-08-15"
  6. Did it
  7. Did it
  8. Started the EFB Server and the message "Organized tracks disabled because AIRAC cycle is outdated" is still there

have attached updated support files

Regarding the ActiveSky entry, I run ActiveSky from a 2nd desktop and it just wasn't on at the time.  I had the 2nd desktop up and running this time and EFB2 is reading the "current_wx_snapshot.txt file fine.

Client_201807201042.txt.zip

Server_201807201042.txt.zip

Hi David,

Ok, it took a while, but finally I could find it in the log files. You have selected the time from the simulator. Therefore the Server is getting an invalid date/time at this moment when it starts up. It seems that I have to change this in a way that the Server is always reading the time from the computer at this early stage. As a workaround (until the next update) you could change the time provider to 'Computer'.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I will change setting to UTC World and see if that helps.  Just curious though, the problem occurs with only server and client started before I start P3Dv4 so where would EFB2 be getting  a simulator UTC from?

Additional info: I'm not sure how it might be connected, if at all, but I had not updated my ActiveSky (ASP4) on the 2nd computer to cycle 1808.  I just updated ASP4 and EFB2 seems to be loading normally now including tracks with P3Dv4 running or not.  It could be just a coincidence and rather may have something to do with the fact the track info online was just updated about 30 minutes ago (2018/07/20 18:10 GMT) and EFB2 is getting some bad data from the online track files

18 hours ago, c141fe said:

Just curious though, the problem occurs with only server and client started before I start P3Dv4 so where would EFB2 be getting  a simulator UTC from?

From the aircraft state backup. The simulator time is included therein.