Trouble in getting DataProvider to start

Hi,

Can you please help me. I am having trouble in starting the data provider. The first problem is its saying that it cant connect to the internet to check my dates. Im not worried about that as I do intend to buy the program and that will then stop. However the main problem is that id cant open the path to the EFB as it says that its being used by another program. However I have nothing else running. After about 10 attempts it will the load normally, but nothing has changed. Please help me with this because if I cant run it properly I wont be able to purchase it and yet I love the program when its running.

I have attached 2 files to show you what the problem is.

Regards

RogerEFB1.jpeg.659196c1943696aa8040aad46bdf82cf.jpegEFB2.jpeg.998821324e774bf5ee369ab323fa7273.jpeg

Hi Roger,

most probably the AntiVirus program, or maybe any automatic backup program seems to have its 'fingers' on that logfile. The DataProvider must have exclusively access to this file.

Port 13 is used to get real world time from the internet. Usually this is not a problem, unless there is something which blocks it. Maybe the router, maybe the firewall.

Thanks Guys. It turned out to be an automatic back up program that I didn't even know was running.

As for the "cant connect to the internet I have turned off the firewall and its still doing it but after a couple of tries it lets me in. As I intent to buy the program I'm not worried as I believe once purchased  it no longer needs to access the internet.

Thanks for your help and may I say its a brilliant program.

Roger 

Thanks Roger, for the good words on EFB. As for the internet access, according to the internal description it might also be due to a too long response time when trying to access a time server. From my experience it should no longer be a concern with the licensed version.