ILS Frequency

Hi,

Am nearly at the end of my trial period and one thing is bothering me.

On the Departure Chart I would assume the ils frequency should be displayed in order to know when to commence a turn on the SID. Or, would I get the freq from somewhere else ? For example, take the BADIM1X departure out of EGGD. The Departure Chart clearly indicates that after 5.5 miles on a HDG of 270 I should turn right to 089 degrees. But....5.5 miles from where ???? See what I mean ? (Obviously it isn't just EGGD that I'm having this problem with).

Can anyone advise please ?

Happy New Year to you all,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Literally the Navigraph data clause for that SID states "Fly on a heading of 270 degrees until 5.5 NM from a waypoint named RW27."

Unfortunately there is nothing there which explicitly links that waypoint with a particular navaid frequency, so there is no way for EFB to automatically display the proper frequency. In the absence of such, EFB picks a local VOR/DME source, and in this/my case it chooses VYL 109.5.

There have been discussions on how to remedy this, and a future version of EFB should include a mechanism to do so. I'm sorry that I can't be more explicit for now. :)

Regards,

Travis,

Thank you for that.

If I'm understanding you correctly, this is basically a Navigraph problem as the actual SID states "Climb straight ahead. At I-BTS D4.5, at or above 3000 (8.2%), turn right onto 089°,". As I said previously, EGGD is not the only airport to suffer this problem. Manchester EGCC however, does give the req'd freq on the Departure Chart.

So, thanks again, but I think I might have to wait for a solution as I can't see the point in having EFB when you still (might) have to look elsewhere for required information.

Regards,

Dave

Dave

Merry christmas and Happy new year old chum.

I understand what your getting at but if your FMC airac is uptodate it will give you all the data you need to fly the SID either manually or on autoflight.

This will correspond with EFB which is essentially in its present incarnation a flight planning tool.

As Travis said perhaps in the future things will be different.

Wycliffe