P3Dv4 4.0.28.21686 and EFB 1.6.14 data provider & Display Unit Not Sinking - Remote comp

I know this has been a common problem but I am at my wits end. I had the EFB DU and the DP sinked on two computers when running FSX. I have now changed to P3D and can sink the DU with the DP on the same computer but it won't on separate comps. I have the files shared in file sharing and security as "Everyone" as well as making sure there are no hidden files. The comps are networked and I can access all files between each computer. I hired a tech to see if this was all OK and he does not understand why it won't (noting that he is not aware of any software peculiarities). Is there anything I have missed or can provide to get help for this please. The link in the DU seetings is:  \\mygamescomp\c\users\myname\AppData\Local\Aivlasoft\EFB\Aivlasoft.Efb.DataProvider. I can provide any screenshots if this can help. By the way when the DP starts up one of the lines states "SimConnect Status 'Inactive'. Is this an issue?   

Hi,

By the way when the DP starts up one of the lines states "SimConnect Status 'Inactive'. Is this an issue? 

No. This is just indicating that currently no connection is active. This happens whenever the sim status changes from 'running' to 'paused' or even 'disconnected'. Nothing to worry about.

On 10/30/2017 at 3:59 AM, Stratt01 said:

The link in the DU seetings is:  \\mygamescomp\c\users\myname\AppData\Local\Aivlasoft\EFB\Aivlasoft.Efb.DataProvider

This link looks good.

On 10/30/2017 at 3:59 AM, Stratt01 said:

I had the EFB DU and the DP sinked on two computers when running FSX

That is confusing. Why doesn't work it anymore since then? I don't understand it.

Just some thoughts:

Did you change anything related to the network configuration (a new router, any software installed which might have changed the firewall rules, added new computers to the local network, installed new AntiVirus software, changed anything related to the 'homegroup')

Do you run the DisplayUnit with admin-rights (right mouse click, then 'run as administrator')

Urs, Thank you so much for your interest in solving the problem. The only thing I did was put Trend Micro on the computer which made me think if that influenced it but alas no. Now I have realised that Windows defender switched itself back on when I was working on installing Trend Micro. I have run an exception in Windows defender and Voila all is good.

Thanks once again and I am looking forward to using your great product.