Unhandled exception error message

Hello,

I get this error message from the Display Unit that says:  Current airplane directory C:\Users.  Checklist is not available for a certain aircraft.  And this only happened when I changed aircraft.  Such as the PMDG 747  to the PMDG 777.

If anyone has any idea how to solve this problem,  I would appreciate it.  Because it will not allow the display unit to function.  

Dorian   

Hi Dorian,

it looks like the folder structure is messed up. " C:\Users" is just the first part of a possible path to the checklists.

Usually the checklists for a certain aircraft are stored in "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\Aircrafts\[aircraft type]"

Hello,

Maybe I did not make myself clear of what the issue is.  I understand where the folder structure is of where the flight plan goes, such as "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\Aircrafts\[aircraft type]".  Even though there is a flight plan for the 747 and the 777 in that folder, it does not seem to read it.

But my issue is with this error message, it only happens when I change aircraft in the display unit.  So how can I correct this issue so that the display unit can be used?

At this point, even when I go into the edit aircraft, it is all greyed out, and I cannot edit any aircraft.  I am hope I made myself more clearer as to the problem I am experiencing.

Thanks,

Dorian 

Dorian,

I understand where the folder structure is of where the flight plan goes, such as "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\Aircrafts\[aircraft type]".  Even though there is a flight plan for the 747 and the 777 in that folder, it does not seem to read it.

It seems that you mistake this folder for the flight plans folder. The folder that you refer to is the folder for the checklists, not for the flight plans. You must also distinct between EFB flight plans (aka routes) and flight plans which are created for the use with the default GPS in FSX/P3D. Each of them (checklist and flight plans) have its own folder. All these folders can be set in the DisplayUnit's settings dialog. Please read the manuals carefully as therein all is explained in detail.

On 9/15/2017 at 7:44 PM, dorian said:

But my issue is with this error message, it only happens when I change aircraft in the display unit.  So how can I correct this issue so that the display unit can be used?

I don't know how the checklist have been created or copy/pasted into any folder. If you use the Checklist editor you don't have to take care of any folder names, because the editor is doing it for you. Now, that it looks like the checklists are currently not in the right folders,  you have to move the checklists into the right folder, then EFB will read them and will no longer show you this message.

Here you see the folder 'Aircrafts' (I know it should be named aircraft, without 's'). Below this folder you can see a subfolder for each aircraft type.

Flight plans 1.png

Here you see the content of a certain aircraft folder. There is a subfolder for the checklists and a file which contains some data for the calculation of the vertical profile.

Flight plans 2.png

This is the content of the checklists folder itself. For each of the categories there is a certain folder which holds the checklist files.

Flight plans 3.png

Finally you see the content of one of these folders mentioned above. It contains the checklist files.

Flight plans 4.png

At this point, even when I go into the edit aircraft, it is all greyed out, and I cannot edit any aircraft. 

What means all is greyed out? Did you press on the button 'new' to create a new aircraft, or first select an aircraft from the list, then press 'update'?

Hi Dorian,

the message box shows an error message which reads that the folder for the PMDG 747 checklists does not (or no longer?) exist. I guess you should do a thoroughly investigation about 'why' this folder is not present on your computer although the aircraft folder itself is available. Otherwise you would not be able to select the 747-400 from the combo box.