No moving map on remote DU

Hello to everybody!

I have searched for this topic and found several questions and answers, but not specifically addressing my issue.

I have my system operating on two computers, connected via a home network. 

I use one, home, computer to fly the P3D v3 simulator, and the other, remote, for all flight planning programs.

Both computers operate on Windows 7 Pro.

I know that the connections between the two PCs are OK, because the Display Unit on the Flight Planning remote PC connects with the DataProvider on the home P3D PC.

I know that the DataProvider is connected with the P3D simulator, because if I start the DU on the home P3D PC, its status indication immediately turns to green "OK" and the Moving Map icon is available.

At the same time, unfortunately, the DU on the Flight Planning PC, shows a yellow "Flightsim" status and the Moving Map icon is grayed out (this also happens if the home P3D DU is not turned on).

What is interesting, is that the DU on the Flight Planning remote PC, operates with the Moving Map "off", as the red airplane appears on the map, but does not move, unless I change the view (ground, departure, enroute, etc.).

Given all of the above, I know that:

1) the DataProvider is properly connected to the simulator on the "home" P3D PC, 

2) the DU on the remote Flight Planning PC is properly connected to the DataProvider on the home P3D PC, 

3) but unfortunately, the remote PC does not seem to know that the DataProvider is properly connected to P3D.

I am at a loss as to how to diagnose the issue or what to do next.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

regards,

Roberto Stopnicki

Hi Roberto,

am I right if I sum up the problem as follows: At the same moment when the green bulb is visible and the moving map button turns to 'enabled', the bulb suddenly reverts back to yellow and the moving map button changes to 'disabled'?

Hi Urs!

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I don't blame you for being confused.

What a rambling message I sent!!

the DU on the remote never turns green, it starts yellow (Flightsim) and stays there.

(I just mentioned that the DU on the home computer turns green immediately. I tried that just to confirm that the DataProvider was properly connected to the simulator)

Thanks again!

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

no apologizes needed. I have re-read your message and now I understand what you described. Seems that I'm still suffering from the cold that I got last week.

What you described means that the DU on your flight planning (remote) PC is connected to the DataProvider, but somehow it does not receive the aircraft position information. Can you try to create a flight plan on this DU and then press "Activate". This should send the flight plan to the DataProvider which forwards it then to the DU on the home PC. Then closed the DU on the remote PC and restart it. Soon after the DU has been restarted, it will send a request to the DataProvider to receive the current flight plan. If this all works, then the network seems to work, but the moving map doesn't. That would be confusing indeed.

Hello Urs!

I truly hope that you are now fully recovered. Spring colds are annoying and long lasting. I just finished one after about three weeks!!

I did all you suggested, but I had no luck.

I started the P3D;

I started the Data Provider;

I started the remote DU;

I created a flight plan and activated it;

I opened the home DU anbd the flight plan was there;

I closed the remoite DU;

I reopened the remote DU and the flight plan was there;

Unfortunately nothing different happened

(I repeated the steps without opening the home DU anbd the result was the same)

I attach two screen captures, taken simultaneously on both computers.

Interesting to note that the first time that the ground map of the departing airport is shown, in both the home and the remote DU's, the location of the airplane and the red airplkane icon are shown!! 

(I assume that this means that the remote DU "knows" that the simulator is connected to the DataProvider.)

The only difference between the two DU's, is that in the home DU the status light is Green/OK and on the remote DU it is Yellow/FlightSim.

The second difference is that in the home DU, the Moving Map icon is available, while in the remote DU, it is grayed out.

Thank you for your interest!

I am sure that eventually we will find out what I am doing wrong!

Cheers (lots of tea with lemon!)

Roberto590a206c89d76_DU-Home.thumb.jpg.79a9fcd7a39620ef040de57b2eccfd25.jpg590a20889f624_DU-Remote.thumb.jpg.802fcdb896d38ba7c9e38bfcf3ec583e.jpg

Hi Roberto,

thanks for the good tea, it helps ;-)

I am not sure but from the screenshots I can see that maybe the program versions are different.

Could you please verify that both DisplayUnits and the DataProvider are the SAME and LATEST version 1.6.8?

If the versions are different, then nothing will work properly.

That is what it was, Urs.

I thought that my previous DU version on the remote was 1.6.5 and just downladed the updater. It was a previous one and obviously did not update.

I just installed 1.6.8 in the remote PC and it is all working great.

Thank you very much!

Keep well and bye "until the next question!"

Many regards,

Roberto