Aicraft Symbol greyed out

I am still in the trial period and everything worked great last night.

Today, I loaded another flight plan, activated the plan, went to the progress page which displayed the KLAX airport diagram. The aircraft sybol is greyed out and not sure why. I have a good connection with the data provider.

What am I missing? Why is the aircraft symbol greyed out?

Brad

edit: I started my taxi, looked at the monitor and the aircraft sysbol was then active. I really need to know what is going on. Still interested to know why it was greyed out.

Thanks

Hi Brad,

If you pause FSX while EFB is connected the EFB moving map will not be centered on your a/c's position and the a/c icon in the toolbar will be "disabled" or "greyed". Once you unpause FSX, the symbol will be enabled again, and your moving map should begin tracking your a/c as well.

Your FSX's "Settings - General Settings" should have the option "Pause on task switch" unchecked. If it's checked, then uncheck it. (You can find this in the EFB Installation and Configuration manual, Section 3, Page 9.)

Welcome aboard!

Regards,

I was very careful with the installation instructions having installed two other networked apps and learning to be careful. After all, EFB worked first try.

I am not sure if FSX was paused or not. I will pay close attention next flight.

Thanks,