efb unable to connect dataprovider from a Pentium IV PC under XP

Hello,

MY PC for FSX Simu is correctly sending data via the provider on my LAN: On a dualcore Win XP PC I can correctly activate EFB terminal to this provider (here it works fine !)...

The problem is that on another PIV under XP (too) I can't get that EFB terminal connect to the same Simu PC, although every thing is OK with the net connection ! The PC Simu is visible, the data files too... but EFB starts, says "Initializing EFB systems", and then locks in "Connecting DataProvider " status ! The DataProvider never tells "New connection from <adresse> etc..." for this PIV_PC !!!

My PC adresses are all ok (192.168.x.x LAN...). The other strange thing is that I know connection is ok because WideClient correctly connects to my FSUIPC from the simu PC on that same PIV_pc under WinXP !!!

Please help ...

Thanks

Hi Fabrice,

it has to do with access rights to, or owner settings of the DataProviders folder. The DisplayUnit wants to access that folder but obviously it is not allowed to do so.

This forum is full of questions and answers. There is not one single right answer.