Saving EFB routes into Prosim 737

I am trialling the Prosim 737 avionics suite and am attempting to save an EFB constructed route into Prosim company routes. When I look at the Prosim "save" box in EFB it is "greyed out" and doesn't accept any input. There is a reference to this "route" in the C: Users/Name/Documents folder. Maybe this is not where Prosim "save" their routes?

I am running EFB v 1.6.8.33245., P3Dv3.4  As per the post further down this page is there some other file I need to add?

William

It does save to Prosim indeed, but you cannot make changes to the layout of the route, or to wich format, so thats why it's grayed out.

You simply point it to your prosim737 main folder, and your routes will be saved to your companyroutes.xml as defined in aivlasofts plugin for prosim.

The file will have the same format as the routes generated and saved by prosim instructor station.

Prosim or any other of the addond you want to save for, can be placed on any PC that can be reached in your local network.

Thanks for the help. This has pointed me in the right direction. No success yet. I have followed your advice and can see the route in the main Prosim folder but not showing in company routes.xml file nor in the  Instructor Station. My fault because of my folder structure. I will ask further over at the Prosim forum.

William

• 3 weeks later...

Geir,

I apologise for not answering your post sooner.

Sorry for the very late reply. I have been working with other parts of the sim (I am new to, and loving, Prosim and there are lots of things to learn within that) and I have beenaway from home over the holidays visiting family. I hope to get back to this issue shortly.

Thank you for your help --"It is basically only to point to prosim737 main folder and ofcourse give the proper rights in your sharing properties".--  and that, without doubt, is where I am going wrong.

Happy New Year

William

For sharing, I have grown very fund of the "Homegroup" function.

To share a folder, right click it in browser, select "Share with..." chose Homegroup read/write.

Your client need to join homegroup to gain priviliges, and when you create a homegroup, you get a generated password. You can also change the password to something simpler if you want to.

Again thank you Geir - a flightsim buddy has just come on team viewer and fixed it for me - I would never have got that sharing thing sorted!!! One more question if I may ask- when I go to save a route,-- in the Prosim tab - it is pointing to save it in the Prosim 737 folder or gives me the option to create a new folder - where should I save it?

William