EFB Data Provider Disconnects

hello

I have been using EFB for a few days now after using it for the free 30 days. It's an excellent package but I seem to have found a problem which I feel might be connected with the fact that I use EFB whilst flying online with VATSIM.

In a 45 minute flight from Glasgow to Cardiff I had 8 EFB data provider disconnects, I would be interested to learn if anyone has the same kind of EFB database disconnects whilst flying offline.

I have yet to do a flight offline with EFB. All my flying is generally done online with VATSIM.

Wycliffe

Hi Wycliffe,

I do all my 'EFB' flying online also, but I've never has the data provider disconnects you mention.

I run the EFB client on a laptop connected via LAN to the data provider running on my FSX machine, so as it's not running on the same PC as the VATSIM connection (SB4) this may not be relevant to your problem.

I've never flown online, and only have had one disconnect - that from a remote PC.

I increased the timeout values to the max and haven't had it again.

The data provider should run on the FSX PC. IIRC, if you try to install EFB on a machine without FSX, you shoudn't have the option to install the data provider.

Regards,

Hi all

Aftre a fruitless evening (friday) trying to get my two PC's talking to each other I gave up and went to bed.

Tonight after another try I decided to contacta friend of mine who has greater knowledge than I when it comnes to networks. He identified the problem and was able to get EFB working for me.

It seems that whilst my WIN7 machine was talking to my XP machine, the XP machine wasn't talking to my WIn7 machine.

As I say Dave sorted it out and now I have just completed a flight form EGFF to EGPF online with only one disconnect. I think the time out setting needs to be adjusted to max and then we shall see what happens. Apart from that no problems.

Wycliffe