How do you LOAD a saved PMDG 777 flight Plan?

Hi. I apologize if the question has been answered, but I did do several searches for an answer and there were no returned comments on my question. I purchased EFB some time ago and love it. Here is what I can't figure out.

EXAMPLE: I use EFB to make a flight plan. [using route setup then Route Finder] Then I save the flight and then activate it. Then I fly the flight. But if I want to fly the same route the next day, I can't figure out how to retrieve [load] the flight plan and load it back into EFB.

I have searched the manual also but can't see anything that relates to what I am trying to do.

Thanks. I sincerely appreciate your help. If there is something in the manual, maybe you could just tell me what page this information is on and I can get it going from there.

Air Force Two

Page 3 of 18
Load an EFB route
An EFB route is a route which has been originally created by an external Flight Planner (FSX, VATroute,
RouteFinder etc.). Loading an EFB route is the fastest way to get a valid route.

Load a saved route
Select "Saved routes" and you will get a list of available route
providers. After selection of a route provider the Windows File-Open
Dialog appears. If you select "FSX" you will be directed to the default
folder where your FSX flight plans are saved (see the settings if you
want to change this path).

Select a flight plan and press "Open."

Thank you for you response to my question. I have done what you suggested but it still does not show me any of my saved flight plans for the PMDG 777. [i changed the default folder like you said]. I am trying to load the PMDG .RTE flight plans. Example would be KSEAKLAX.rte

Thanks again for your response

Air Force Two

I am sorry Patrick. I am not communicating what I am trying to do very well. Let me try again. Here is an example.

Yesterday:  I wanted to fly from KSEA to KJFK. So I opened up EFB and in Route Setup, I generated a route for the flight using Router Finder. I saved this flight plan as KSEAKJFK01.rte then flew it.

Today: I want to fly this same flight. I have the flight saved in my "Microsoft Flight Simulator/PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS/777" folder. Can I load this saved flight plan back into EFB so I can monitor my progress or make changes to the SIDS or STARS? Or do I need to generate a new flight plan for this flight in EFB?

Thanks again Patrick. Sorry for being such a pain.;)

Air Force Two

I am sorry Patrick. I am not communicating what I am trying to do very well. Let me try again. Here is an example.

Yesterday:  I wanted to fly from KSEA to KJFK. So I opened up EFB and in Route Setup, I generated a route for the flight using Router Finder. I saved this flight plan as KSEAKJFK01.rte then flew it.

Today: I want to fly this same flight. I have the flight saved in my "Microsoft Flight Simulator/PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS/777" folder. Can I load this saved flight plan back into EFB so I can monitor my progress or make changes to the SIDS or STARS? Or do I need to generate a new flight plan for this flight in EFB?

Thanks again Patrick. Sorry for being such a pain. ;)

Air Force Two

to fly the saved flight in your "Microsoft Flight Simulator/PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS/777" folder :

select saved routes , select your PMDG folder and your flight and activate

you can modify your flightplan with the Modify button  (section 5 of the manual page 14 of 18

Hi Patrick. I have tried this many times. But when I open "Select saved routes" I don't show any PMDG routes. I only show options for FlightSim Commander *.pln, Microsoft Flight Simulator *.pln, and  Lockheed Martin Prepar3D *.pln.

But, I have wasted too much of your time. I will just keep trying to do what I can. I think I will uninstall and re install the program this evening. Maybe there was a problem there.

Thanks VERY much for trying to help me. Take care and have a great day

Sincerely,

Air Force Two

Hi,

uninstalling and re-installing will have absolutely no effect on this.

When you save your route as a PMDG (*.rte), you can also save the same route as EFB (*.efbr). It's on the same dialog, just at the top of all flight plan handlers to select from.

This will save your plan as EFB flight plan which then can be re-used next time. To do so just press "Route Setup" > "Select" > "EFB routes".

According to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.