Display Unit Hangs

I recently switch from ASN to AS16 and now when I try to look at my destination airport to set / find the apporpiate STAR and Runway the screen just freezes for a moment and the the unit crashes out complety and I have to restart.

Every else works fine and departures etc. I have removed the ASN folder info and reinstalled latest version.

Anyone else seen this or got any ideas ?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

maybe the data format for AS16 has been changed? I guess that EFB is trying to read the weather data (METARs) but somehow it cannot be done with AS16? Can you find an event entry in the Windows Event Log after a crash of EFB?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for pointing me to this  :-P 

as a betatester for both EFB and AS16 I forgot to change my weather settings in EFB : I have ASN still installed, so for more than a year I was using the wrong weather engine (ASN) in EFB instead of AS16 :oops:

I just changed it to point EFB to AS16 : all I can say is that I have no issues like you have, just to be on the safe side : or you sure your settings in the weather tab of the displayunit are pointing to :

.../.../AppData/Roaming/HiFi/AS16_FSX/Weather/current_wx_snapshot.txt ?

I had already checked the loaction of the wx file, so its not that. Every works fine up to the point I go to select a star. There is no recomended runway suggested the runway boxes are greyed out then it hangs. In the event log I get

Application: AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
   at yd.h()
   at yd.l()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Followed by

Faulting application name: AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit.exe, version: 1.6.8.0, time stamp: 0x56c5ffae
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10586.494, time stamp: 0x5775e78b
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000bdae8
Faulting process ID: 0x13ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1ea7ba219c93f
Faulting application path: F:\EFB\AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: cdfcbe3f-1817-4b4b-8ea6-8db565747dfa
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hi Mark,

thanks for the event log information. If you open the METAR dialog for a certain airport, which weather provider is selected in the drop-down-menu on top-right of the dialog? From what I can read from the event log, could it be that the weather provider is set to "Opus" but there is no folder set in the settings for that provider?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, that got it. What i had done was removed the opus weather set up path before changing the source of the weather, so hence the hang up. I put the directory back, changed the weather source then removed opus weather and its all back.

MANY THANKS

Mark