Selection of Japanese Airport Charts

Hello everyone,

I just got wind of Ailvasoft's EFB from AVSIM a little while ago. I read the information on this site for the product and saw that they pull charts from Flight Simulator and Navgraph data, this is great!

I had some charts for RJAA,RJCC, and RJBB from Navgraph a few years ago, but have since lost the files and can't re-download. So I'd like to ask and double check with those using the product if there is a healthy selection of charts for airports in Japan.

I'm based out of RJSK and would love to make sure that it and others are available before I buy.

Thanks,

Derek Rogers

Hi Derek, here are some pictures of a route from a couple of Japanese airports, using the Navigraph data and default airports. Please forgive the slightly cramped view on the Approach chart, its because the shots were taken on my iPad and the screen is a little small.

IMG_0032.png

IMG_0033.png

IMG_0034.png

IMG_0035.png

IMG_0036.png

IMG_0037.png

IMG_0038.png

Andy,

Thanks for the charts. That looks like an interesting flight.

Derek,

The on ground data comes from FSX - where an airport is, where the navaids, the runways, taxiways, etc. are.

The navigational data - routes, altitudes, etc. - come from Navigraph.

Conflict can arise if FSX (whose stock data was generated circa 2006) says RJBB has two runways, and Navigraph (who publishes data extracted from r/w aeronautical data 12/13 times each year) says RJBB has four. In cases such as this you might be able to find freeware or payware scenery updates to give you the extra runways, or you can tell EFB to "ignore those extra runways."

There is a 30 day fully functional demo of EFB if you're sitting on the fence or just curious. If you're a current Navigraph FMS data subscriber, you can update the provided data set from earlier this year with a current one.

Regards,