Missing SIDs/STARs

Hello,

Just me again with another bug (?) report, all latest updates are installed.

In my opinion, the EFB is not displaying all SIDs/STARs that are defined in the AIRAC-Files (0911 and 0912 - problem applies to both). E.g. for EDDK, EFB only offers SIDS from runways 14L/R and 32L/R, although there clearly are routes existing from runways 6 and 24 as well.

Error on my site, or EFB bug? Would be glad for clarification.

Thank you!

Joshua

I think I identified the problem already: In FSX, runways 6 and 24 are still called 7 and 25. Obviously, EFB is therefore not able to match the AIRAC-information to the runways. Difficult to solve, I guess. Maybe it is possible to offer a possibility to manually create AIRAC/FSX pairs? Same problem applies for EDXW, amongst others.

Cyrano,

I think this is the known problem that the data in FSX (which is the world you are flying in) is something about 5 years old whereas the Navigraph data is from today. The world is changing 8-)

Please have a look into the 'Operations Manual', section 2, page 3, 'Messages on the DataProvider window'. You will find a detailed explanation how to solve such problems.

Unfortunately, I'm not completely happy yet...

As an example, I inserted the following lines into runways.txt:

EDXW 24 24
EDXW 06 06
EDXW 15 14
EDXW 33 32

The DisplayUnit now offers STARs to the runways 14 and 32, which is really nice. But unfortunately, no ILS approach for runway 32 is offered (NDB only), although in the "Airport Information" window an ILS frequency is shown for the runway and although the Navigraph data is aware of the ILS as well. Apart from that, the ground chart is still showing the old runway numbers - it would be nice if these were updated as well to avoid confusion.

For EDDK, I am having problems of a different kind. I inserted:

EDDK 07 06
EDDK 25 24
EDDK 14L 14L
EDDK 14R 14R
EDDK 32L 32L
EDDK 32R 32R

Unfortunately, the Display Unit now seems to have lost runway 07/06 partially, as it is not shown in the "Airport Information" window anymore. In the STAR selection, it is offered, but in the SID selection, it is not. Strange, isn't it?

Unfortunately, the Data Provider does not give me any of the information described in the manual - all I get is "Request for Airport [EDDK] from ... received.", and that's it. Maybe you want to have a look at it again...

Cyrano,

will have a look on that today, just a question before: Did you install any add-on scenery for these two airports or is it still FSX-standard-scenery?

Apart from that, the ground chart is still showing the old runway numbers - it would be nice if these were updated as well to avoid confusion.

Please have a look at > DisplayUnit > Settings > ChartSettings > Ground > "Show Navigraph data ...". Did you mean this?

will have a look on that today, just a question before: Did you install any add-on scenery for these two airports or is it still FSX-standard-scenery?

Negative, FSX-standard-scenery only for me.

Please have a look at > DisplayUnit > Settings > ChartSettings > Ground > "Show Navigraph data ...". Did you mean this?

Didn't try yet, but I guess so. I like how you fulfill my wishes before I have even asked... ;-)

Cyrano,

EDXW:

You're right. After the insert of the values into the runway.txt file the ILS-32 approach should appear in the procedure selection window. I found that lousy bug :evil: ...

Note: The Navigraph data for transition SLT into ILS-32 is wrong. Transition LANAS is ok.

EDDK:

I copied and pasted the values out of this topic into the runway.txt file on my computer. Then I saved the file and set the option "Always request airport data ...". I also set the option "Show Navigraph data identifiers ..." from the 'Charts-/Ground-Settings".

Then I opened the Airport-Database and I selected the airport EDDK again. After getting the aiport data, I opened the 'Airport-Information-Window' from every chart-type (Arrival, Approach, Ground, Departure). On every window I can see all six runways (14L/32R, 06/24, 14R/32L).

Urs,

I could solve the EDDK problem now: I had mistakenly inserted a Tab instead of a blank between 07 and 06, which obviously caused the misinterpretation of the file (no surprise). Thanks for figuring out the EDXW bug.

Concerning the licence reset, I will contact you within the next days - pretty busy right now, sorry...

Have a nice weekend

Joshua