SimConnect

Evening,

I am attempting to install the AivalSoft EFB and when I launch it gives me an exception error (EFB cannot find the required "Simconnect.dll")

Which version should I be using and where can I get it?

Thank You ,

Jim

Evening,

I am attempting to install the AivalSoft EFB and when I launch it gives me an exception error (EFB cannot find the required "Simconnect.dll")

Thank You ,

Jim

Jim,

Are you using FSX or P3D (2.5 or 3.0)? 

Evening,

Thank You ,

Jim

your installation C:\ or D:\

D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

Double-click on SimConnect

• 2 weeks later...

After upgrading to windows 10 I am continuously having problems with FSX and EFB.  After several hundred miles of flying, FSX crashes and the EFB data provider gives me the following: Exception from: HRESULT: 0x000014B, DefWndProc (isRecommended=true), Pipe broken.  I've tried a clean windows 10 install, a clean FSX install and several clean EFB installs.  By the way, I do not have a problem with Plan G or just FSX; it's the combo FSX and EFB.

Looking at the event viewer, it provides me with the following information:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
 and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Details
-------
- System

- Provider
       [ Name]  Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
       [ Guid]  {1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}
       [ EventSourceName]  DCOM
  - EventID 10016
       [ Qualifiers]  0
    Version 0
    Level 2
    Task 0
    Opcode 0
    Keywords 0x8080000000000000
   - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime]  2016-01-31T17:10:29.164735400Z
    EventRecordID 2856
    Correlation
   - Execution
    [ ProcessID]  848
       [ ThreadID]  528
    Channel System
   Computer DESKTOP-EIT655N
  - Security
       [ UserID]  S-1-5-18

- EventData
  param1 application-specific
  param2 Local
  param3 Activation
  param4 {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
  param5 {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
  param6 NT AUTHORITY
  param7 SYSTEM
  param8 S-1-5-18
  param9 LocalHost (Using LRPC)
  param10 Unavailable
  param11 Unavailable

I know that a lot has been written about this and I have tried numerous suggestions, but most of the computer talk is like a foreign language to me.  I just need a simple step by step guide on how to fix this problem.  Did not have any of these problems with windows XP or 7.

My system is an Intel® Core i7-2600k CPU @ 3.40GHz, 8.00 GB of installed RAM, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 570, driver version 361.43.

Any help is appreciated,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I'm just guessing, but are you running the DataProvider with administrator rights or not? (right click on the DataProvider icon, then select "Run as administrator"). Maybe this could help. Otherwise I don't have an idea what the above mentioned event message will tell. Never seen.

Hi Urs,

Thanks for responding.  Yes, I'm running the DataProvider and the Display Unit as an Administrator.  I just don't understand why it is a simconnect issue as both DataProvider and Display Unit are on the same computer, only different monitors.  Running FSX in windowed mode.  Also running FSX as an Administrator.  Also have FSUIPC4 running, the registered version.

Regards,

Peter 

Hi Urs,

I stand corrected, it's doing the same thing with Plan G.  Apparently with Plan G I never had a flight that exceeded 700 miles.  The error code as with EFB.  Maybe this will provide you with more clues as to my problem.

Thanks,

Peter

Peter,

SimConnect is used for the communication between the DataProvider and FSX, not for the communication between the DataProvider and the DisplayUnit. The later is done using own software.

The error "Exception from: HRESULT: 0x000014B, DefWndProc (isRecommended=true), Pipe broken." means that the communication between SimConnect and FSX has broken due to an error raised by FSX. So the cause for the problem is FSX not EFB, or Plan-G, or whatever add-on is using SimConnect to communicate with FSX.

Urs,

Thanks, but I thought that based on all the forums and the guys who developed simconnect are no longer around.  OK I get that; certainly I'm not the only one out there with this problem.  The only add-ons I have are EFB and FSUIPC.  I've removed Plan G (simply because imo EFB is better).  The planes I'm using are the B757 from Just Flight, POSKY B747 and B777 and the default B737.  Again, I've done clean installs, I mean totally wiped the drives and started from scratch.  I even went into the REGEDIT and followed the instruction to remove some of the security, to no avail.  So my question is how do I fix this or should I just give up on FSX and go to X Plane or Prepar3d.  And then of course, if simconnect is related to windows, then I would have the same problems.

Believe me, I do understand that it is not an EFB problem; however, any help or suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

Well, I guess I'm on my own here.  No support from the forum and none from AivlaSoft.  I thought that even if it were not an EFB problem, that I would receive some type of support.  After all I purchased the product and it is non functional with this old outdated FSX program.  AivlaSoft is just pointing the finger and saying it is <not our problem, good luck>.  From now on I'll be the first the say: do not buy EFB from Aivlasoft, for they will not support you if you run into problems.

Peter

Peter,

although I understand your situation, I don't like your answer, because it is not objective and also not helpful. Please do not blame AivlaSoft for a problem which is raised by a program from Microsoft. Btw, in the early beginning of EFB we got in touch with Microsoft and asked them for help regarding this problem. But even Microsoft told us that they cannot help. Just to let you know that we are not doing "nothing".

And here from the FAQ (It's a very old issue):

http://aivlasoft.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/136-exception-from-hresult-0xc000014b/

• 3 weeks later...

your installation C:\ or D:\

D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

Double-click on SimConnect

Thank You that worked for me as well. You saved me the headache of re-installation.