Airport ICAO Code Change

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago the main airport of my country changed it's ICAO Name (Jorge Chavez Intl, Lima-Peru / Changed from SPIM to SPJC) and this change has already been reflected in the new AIRAC Cycle from Navigraph. EFB still has the airport as SPIM and since this airport is now named as SPJC in the AIRAC, EFB shows as if there were no SIDs, STARs or approaches for SPIM and doesn't recognize SPJC as a valid airport.

I think it is because EFB gets the airport names from FSX scenery files and this names are hardcoded and cannot be changed, but is there any way to go around this on EFB's side? Since this is the biggest and most important airport in my country I fly from/to there 90% of the time and not being able to have the charts on the EFB makes the app a lot less useful for me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Alfredo

Hi Alfredo,

you're right, the ICAO code comes from FSX and cannot be changed. As a workaround I suggest to rename the file which holds the procedures description as follows:

1) Quit EFB if running (both, DataProvider and DisplayUnit)

2) Locate the file "SPJC.txt" in the folder "SIDSTARS" (where you have installed the navigation data) and rename it to the old ICAO code "SPIM.txt".

I guess that this will help for the moment. With version 2 of EFB it will be possible to change the ICAO codes.

• 8 months later...

Hello and sorry to bump this old thread but I have the same problem with the same airport and I just cant get it to work.

I have:

1. Done what you said: Renamed SPJC.txt to SPIM.txt

2. Renamed SPJC to SPIM in airports.dat

3. Renamed SPJC to SPIM in every other file in the navdata folder(airac)

4. Excluded "addon scenery" because LatinVFR SPIM is installed there.

5. Added "SPIM 15 15" and "SPIM 33 33" to runways.txt

But nothing works. I even deleted all navdata again and just renamed the SIDSTAR like you said but still nothing. Ofc FSX and EFB Display and DataProvider where off when I did the changes.

The only thing that I have not tested is removing the changed made by this: http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

But as far as I know this does not rename airport ICAO codes.

I'm using the latest version of EFB and AIRAC 1609(latest as of today). I'm using FSX.

I dont know what else to do. Well maybe I could edit the FSX .bgl files: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Changing_Airport_ICAO

I reinstalled Windows. Then I installed FSX and acceleration and run it once. Then I installed the EFB. Then I installed AIRAC cycle 1609 and renamed SPJC.txt to SPIM.txt. Then I started the EFB and set it all up

and it still does not work.

I dont know what to do anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Dominique (?)

what I have done on my system:

1) locate the folder which is set in the DataProviders settings (Navigation data), according to the selected provider.

2) go to this folder and then ...

2a:

rename the file ..\SidStars\SPJC.txt -> SPIM.txt

2b: 

open ..\NavData\WpNavApt.txt and search for "SPJC", then rename to "SPIM". I have found two lines which contain "SPJC":

JORGE CHAVEZ INTL       SPJC15 11506155-12.007625 -77.121347109.7015500113
JORGE CHAVEZ INTL       SPJC33 11506335-12.031236 -77.109706000.0033500113
->
JORGE CHAVEZ INTL       SPIM15 11506155-12.007625 -77.121347109.7015500113
JORGE CHAVEZ INTL       SPIM33 11506335-12.031236 -77.109706000.0033500113

2c:

open ..\NavData\airports.dat and search for "SPJC", then rename to "SPIM". The file on my computer contained one line with "SPJC":

SPJC10000     -12.021886 -77.114317
->
SPIM10000     -12.021886 -77.114317

2d:

On DataProvider's computer, locate the file C:\Users\[username]\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\Runways.txt and search for possible entries with SPJC. I had no entries in it, but maybe on your system there are some entries. Rename them to "SPIM".

3) Now run the "Scenery data update" from the DataProvider's menu.

After I have done all the items above, I can open SPIM from the DisplayUnit and I can see all the SIDs, STARs and approaches.

BTW, according to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.