Metar Data question

I was flying from EGNM to EDDF and wanted to check the Metar reports, EGNM was fine, but during my cruse I wanted check my destination Metar (EDDF).l. But when I checked it it said it wasn't available.

Can someone tell me if you need to be within a certain distance of the airfield to receive this info?

I'm using ASN, and I have set the path to the weather snapshot and that's working fine.

Thanks for any feedback :)

Cheers Rob

Hi Rob,

usually a METAR is not available if you have selected "Simulator" as your source for weather data. If you have selected "ASN" as the weather source and the file is set properly in the settings then you should receive the destination weather at any time. I can only imagine that EDDF was not part of the weather file at that moment. Did you experience similar situations in the meantime?

Hi Urs,

I found out what was casuing my lack of Metar information. 

I am running FSX-SE standalone on windows 10, but when I set the weather snapshot path in the options I put the path in the FSX-SE section, but I forgot that as SE is my only FSX I should have put the path in the section for FSX of the weather settings.

So its up and running now and it was my mistake when setting the options after my install! 

Thanks for the great work on EFB, I find flying way more enjoyable now :)

Many thanks 

Rob