Data Provider crashes

Hi there,

Firstly what a great program, the best evey. I will be buying this if I can sort this problem out.

Every time I do a flight, the Data Provider just crashes for no reason, it can take 30 or 2 hours into every flight it will do this. When it crashes it comes up with microsoft error just saying this program has crashed and needs to be restarted. On the odd time the Display Unit will crash (rare) and I restart it and then the Data Provider crashes after. Very annoying! :cry:

So please can you help. PS. I have a small wishlist as well for the program.

Thanks

Mark Marshall

Hi Mark,

please, could you send me a screen shot on which I can see the error message? Can you also send me the logfiles from both components? They can be found as follows: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\Logfiles. Please send all the files to support@aivlasoft.com.

Further questions:

- What other add-ons are running at the same time?

- Do you run a networked installation (DataProvider and DisplayUnit not on the same computer)

Hi there,

I won't be able to send a screenshot beacuse my trial has run out, sorry. I'll send you the files now, the subject will be: Data Provider crashes log files - Mark Marshall

Further questions:

- What other add-ons are running at the same time?

Yes, Thomson Virtual Flight Tracking System

- Do you run a networked installation (DataProvider and DisplayUnit not on the same computer)

No, I run both on the same computer.

Hi Mark,

thanks for the logfiles. It seems that the network traffic locally on your computer is a bottleneck. Some further questions:

1) Are there any AntiVirus programs active which might hamper the network traffic?

2) Computer spec's: Operating system, CPU, Memory?

3) Does your computer have more than one network card installed?

The DataProvider often detects a timeout when sending data to the DisplayUnit. If the DisplayUnit is not sending a receipt back to the DataProvider within a certain time then the DataProvider drops the connection.

I would recommend the following steps (all of them must be accomplished in the settings, most of them must be done on both programs, DataProvider AND DisplayUnit:

a) increase the value for "Timeout Sending" from 5 up to 10. This value must be changed on both programs.

B) uncheck the option "Synchronize UTC time" in the DataProvider settings.

Hope this helps

Hi there,

1) Are there any AntiVirus programs active which might hamper the network traffic?

I have Norton Internet Security running.

2) Computer spec's: Operating system, CPU, Memory?

Operating system: Micro XP Home Edition 32bit

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 @ 2666 MHz

Memory: 1 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM 400 Mhz

3) Does your computer have more than one network card installed?

Well I have a NETGEAR RangeMax Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter WPN111 which I use.

I have also made changes to the setting as well in both programs as you said.

Thanks

Mark

Mark,

could you please (temporarily) disable the wireless network interface? Maybe this has a side effect on the performance of the network layer.

Micro XP Home Edition 32bit? Is "Micro" a special version of Win XP Home? I'm not sure about the network performance of the "Home" edition but this might be also a point to go indepth if the problem still occurs.

Hi there,

Sorry thats a typo error "Micro XP Home Edition 32bit", its ment to be Microsoft XP Home Edition 32bit Service Pack 3.

Also "disable the wireless network interface" i'm guessing thats when I am running the EFB with FSX. I do use the wireless network interface to run the internet on my computer, because the router is in my dads office.

When I fly on FSX I fly online on Vatsim and the Thomson Virtual Flight Tracking System needs the internet conneted.

Thanks

Mark

Hi there,

I have tryed EFB now twice on a shortish flight (45 mins) and a longish flight (1:20 mins), and at the moment it hasn't crashed. So I would like to thank you some much for helping me out with this problem, very greatful.

I will be putting a post on your wishlist of things I would like on the next version which would be helpful.

Many Thanks

Mark