Installing EFB on two computers?

I am confused about the instructions for installing on two or more computers. After downloading, and extracting to file into a temporary folder on the computer that has FSX installed, and installing the " data provider", how do I go about exactly installing the " display unit" onto the second computer? Thank you in advance.

Hi,

see EFB_Installation_and_Configuration_....pdf manual : Section 1 (page6 to 11): installation - installation types - distributed installation

BTW, as per the forum rules, please sign your post with your real first name.

Yes I have read the documentation. I guess I should be more specific. What I want to know is this. After downloading, then extracting the zip file to a temporary folder on the computer that has FSX installed, I then " UNCHECK" the box next to the " Display Unit", then install the " Data Provider", and the Airac cycles to the computer that has FSX installed. Now after this installation fully completes, BUT before I do the "first run", I must install the "Display Unit" on the second computer. Now my question is this. How specifically do I install the "Display Unit" onto the second computer, when the extracted file resides on the main computer that has FSX? Do I download a second copy of EFB, or do I copy and paste the extracted file to my second computer in order to install the "Display Unit"? I am hoping to resolve this as soon as possible so that I can decide on whether I will be buying this product. Thank you for your quick reply.

Hi,

copy the zip to your second computer, extract the file, run the installer to install the Display Unit

Thank you. I assumed that you had to copy the zip file to the second computer, but the instructions seemed rather vague, and kind of confusing in my opinion.

• 10 months later...

I can't sort the second PC setup despite Patrick's earlier guidance.

I've installed the DEMO version onto my P3D machine and have the Data Provider and Display unit working ok (and am very impressed with the system). I have copied the Efb,Setup_v1.51 to my second networked machine and have mapped the data provider back to the P3D machine.

When I select the Display on the second machine the "Flight Bag" initiation screen appears briefly but the display fails to load and I am then unable to do any file mapping.

I feel I may be missing an obvious point and any further guidance would be appreciated.

Hi,

as per the forum rules, please sign your posts with your first name. Thanks.

The DataProvider must only be installed once, on the same computer which runs the simulator (FSX or P3D).

You may install as many DisplayUnits as you like (and as your network and computers are able to handle).

Both components (DataProvider and DisplayUnit) come with the same installer.

The installer allows to select whether you only want to install a DisplayUnit on a certain computer, or both (DataProvider and DisplayUnit).

For more details please read the installation and configuration manual, section 1 "installation".

Hello Urs,

Apologies re the omission of my name.

I'm not new to flight simulation but am very new to networking!

It seems that I haven't set up the permissions properly because when on the second machine I put the link to the Data Provider into "Folders and Links" I get "access is denied".

Network tutorials here I come!!!

Regards

Barry