AivlaSoft and ImagineSim KATL crashes causes FSX to crash

ImagineSim KATL(FSX) and AivlaSoft installed:

When I fly within 10nm of this airport AivlaSoft crashes

When I try to taxi while at this airport AivlaSoft crashes

My guess is that ImagineSim's product is the problem...since I seem to have problems with all their products.

It's an unhandled error...hence the hard crash. Not sure which module.

Just an FYI...

-Ray

Ray,

I have all of their North American FSX airports and while Atlanta/Dulles/Cincy knock me into the single FPS digits at times, I've not had them crash with me. [knock on wood]

Is anything logged to either the DP / DU logs or the Windows event log?

My first guess is that it would have to be memory-related. Off the top of my head I can't think of a reason for an airport scenery to affect Simconnect or an external-to-fsx program.

I imagine (no pun intended) that it would be difficult for you to reconfigure your system to a single-monitor setup solely for the purpose of running some test flights.

I see in the other topic that you're running dual 460s. Your rig puts mine to shame. So why is there this problem.... I'll have to nail my thinking cap on and hope to come back with a partially-educated guess.

Regards,

Travis,

I'm knocking my head against the wall as well, I have no idea why their products are such a dog on my system. Now, I do have two other products installed:

- Ultimate Terrian USA

- Traffic X

- AES 2.07

But I have been running these for the last two years (not AES 2.07...maybe the last week) and no problems. Even after installing EFB...no problems until I installed KATL from ImagineSim. This really effects my system, crashes my system.

My Spec's are ok:

Vista 64

i7-860

8GB Ram

(2) GTX 460 (overclocked edition)

(3) Monitors 1280x1024 // 1650X? // 1280X1024 (basically I have two 17" monitors that provide my left and right view and one 22" wide that provides my forward view.

So I was even thinking about going down to one monitor and SLI the Video Cards and see how ImagineSim perform...but nah I don't have the time nor energy to trouble shoot their products...I have other airports from other vendors that work great. So, I just chalk this up as a loss...and no more ImagineSim products for me.

Now, if you guys want me to provide a log file I can do that to help maybe the next person...just let me know how to go about that.

Great job guys on the product and support. Also, I have taken a look at the next release's IFR plates and they look great, hopefully they make it to prime time.

-Ray

Ray,

I found that KATL v1 gave me better fps, but I liked the look of KATL v2 even though it's tough. (Heathrow and Schiphol seem to be the worst for me....)

IIRC you're running the EFB DisplayUnit on a 2nd PC, so I assume that it's the DataProvider that's crashing. If so, and if you have a log file with crash infomation in it, email that to Urs at info@aivlasoft.com.

I had wondered about AES being a factor, but I don't see where it would tax a system like yours. I use it along with REX, GEX, UTX and MyTrafficX. (Sounds like a group of dirty-minded developers, eh? ;) )

I still think that FSX/video memory is the only thing that smells like it could be a factor for you. If you'd like to revisit this issue, I'd suggest that you use Task Manager / Resource Manager / Performance Monitor (or another utility of your choosing) to get a baseline snapshot of your ram in use:

• As your system is at idle
    When you launch FSX but haven't started a flight
    In an FSX flight sitting on a default airport in the middle of water - YTTI is a strip of "not much" off the coast of Western Austrailia (apologies to any Troughton Island fans out there)
    In an FSX flight sitting on a non-KATL 3rd party airport
    And finally in an FSX flight at KATL - first while sitting still, then while panning around in spot view, and then while taxiing

Otherwise if you're up to it, see if you can cut back on any ram-using aspects of FSX while at KATL - the usual suspects - start with clear skies, in the middle of the day (dawn and dusk seem to be killers and nights aren't friendly either), with no AI nor ground traffic, with all graphic sliders to the left.

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...

Travis,

Sorry for the delay, but here's what I have been doing. I have unchecked the KATL airport created by imaginesim in FSX settings and completed a flight from South Carolina to ATL. This time no problems what so ever. Standard FSX airport for ATL gave me no FPS problems and EFB did not crash. From there I completed a South America tour down to Chile and back...EFB was flawless and system was on for a solid week. Again no problems. I have other after market airports that gave me no problems. So I'm convinced that it's a imaginesim software problem.

Thanks,

Ray