Adding Airports

Hi

Is there a way to add airports into the database, for instance LIRF, LOWS and EDDN seem to be unrecognised codes?

Strangely, I now see that LEBL is now unrecognised but I am sure I used EFB a few weeks when flying that route.

Perhaps there is a problem with my configurations somewhere?

I have the latest AIRAC 1408 installed

Thanks

Iain

Hi Iain,

Our EFB airports come from a scan of our simulator's active scenery areas.

Perhaps you are like me - if I am going to fly in a certain area of the world, I will disable all other third-party sceneries & meshes to speed up my load time in the simulator. (And possibly decrease VAS, but that'd debatable.)

(I have over 600 scenery areas - it's a good amount of payware, lots of freeware, and sometimes sceneries that each have multiple areas themselves.)

If you are missing well-known airports, then consider to activate all of your scenery areas (in scenery.cfg) and then run the EFB DataProvider's "Simulator scenery data update" function. That should give EFB a view of all of your airports. You could then deactivate the ones that you don't need for a particular flight, etc.

=====

A funny thing is, about a year ago Urs shipped me the source code for a simple standalone "Scenery Configuration Editor" which I then proceeded to add so many bells & whistles that we think of it as "pure bloatware." :lol:

I have one more item to add to this monstrosity, and then after writing some confusing documentation I would like to release it (as freeware) for the public. I have set a goal to do this before the next change of seasons (Sept 22nd if I recall correctly).

Hi

Thanks for your replies. Yes I knew there was something wrong with the scenery somewhere as I had added and taken out a few areas over the last few days and was also using a scenery editor.

To cut a long story short I'm in the process of reinstalling FSX and happy to say that all the airports I mentioned that weren't there are now back after a new scan with the data provider

Sometimes it gets confusing after all the airport add ons, scenery add ons, ground services, aircraft etc etc :shock:

Iain

Iain,

I am with you in spirit, my fellow Captain! :)

It's sometimes confusing with all of our add-ons to recall how to "update" each one when other items change.

Perhaps we all need a hardcopy "Flight Sim Update Checklist" that we keep by our PCs so that when we "Add an airport" or "Add an ORBX region" or whatever we will have a list of other add-ons that we should update?