cannot create new aircraft

Hi

When setting up the display unit I am not able to create new aircraft and hence I cannot complete setting up the display unit.

After pressing the "New" button in the "Aircrafts Administration" window I e.g. write "Cessna" as the Manufacturer and "172" as Type. When I press the save button a message window appear saying "The manufacturer name and/or the aircraft type is not valid or contains invalid characters". So how come?

The display unit is installed on a laptop (Windows XP Prof. x32) that is connected to a network with the computer (Windows 7 Home Premium x64) that is running the DataProvider and FSX. I also notice that the DisplayUnit creates a folder called AivlaSoft on the desktop containing the Aircraft folder among others.

Regards

Oyvind

Oyvind,

may I ask you what display language is set on your XP computer and what OS language do you run? I'm asking this because I'm using a built-in functionality from .net which tells me the characters that are not allowed to be used in a folder or file names. I assume that this function returns different values according to the current language settings.

I also notice that the DisplayUnit creates a folder called AivlaSoft on the desktop containing the Aircraft folder among others.
Are you running the latest version 1.1.0.23866? According to my code there shouldn't be a folder on the desktop called "AivlaSoft" :?

Urs,

I think I have found the problem. The laptop is also setup for another network when I don't use it for EFB and the "My documents" folder is somehow placed on a network drive on that network. So when I am not on that network it doesn't find the "My documents" folder and just dumps the Aivlasoft folder on the desktop.

I am going to install it on another laptop and then I think everything will work. :)

Thanks for the help and blue sky.

Regards

Oyvind